Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: DENVER  (Read 5139 times)

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
Re: DENVER
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 08:30:29 am »
Ooh, good call on Pints Pub. I love that place. Very good cask ales and they used to boast the largest selection of single malt scotch outside of Britain.

Hey ryang, do they still have that odd table game? I forgot what it's called or even what it's about, but it was a blast to play after a couple drinks.

hmm, don't recall the table game.  I'm usually one to notice oddities, but I'm not sure.

There's Obviously no shortage of places to go, and all of the above posters listed some great places.  The truth is, Denver offers some outstanding choices... but you can take a drive to any of the outlying towns and find great stuff as well.  Colorado Springs hasn't been mentioned, but the Trinity brewpub down there is great, and you could stop by the Garden of the Gods.  I must be oppionated about one thing though... The Cheeky Monk is overpriced IMO, and you can have just as good (better) of a beer experience at the falling rock.

agreed on going to Falling Rock for a wide selection of all kinds of stuff.

Offline rayallen

• Assistant Brewer
  • San Antonio, TX
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 09:07:48 pm »
Trip just around the corner. We are ready! Aug 26 cant get here quick enough. 8 Days of Beer, Food and the Mountains ;D

Offline rbclay

• Assistant Brewer
  • Northfield, MN
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 11:57:54 pm »
what about Bull & Bush? is that place still there? I used to live in Winter Park and my girlfriend (now wife) lived in Denver. This was '96-'98. They had some really good beers and above average food.

i remember dragging her to Falling Rock once. it was around labor day. it happened to be the day that Delta Airlines resumed direct flights from Denver to London. no lie, Falling Rock tapped a keg of London Pride fresh from the brewery AND GAVE IT AWAY FOR FREE... great luck for me and the fellow beer drinkers who happened to be there for those few hours...
anyone else remember this?!?
Randy Clay
Milltown Mashers
https://www.facebook.com/groups/404574082932834/
BJCP Certified

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 04:49:37 pm »
+1 on Great Divide, and the drive up to Ft Collins is worth it for O'Dells (and I suppose New Belgium but I think they're a little overrated and prefer O'Dells)

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 01:12:11 pm »
shoot, there have been at least 2 new breweries open since you started this thread...
renegade
denver beer co

denver is awesome!

Offline rayallen

• Assistant Brewer
  • San Antonio, TX
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 12:03:01 pm »
Our vacation was a blast, had a great time being outdoors, eating good food and drinking some great beer. I will say we spent the majority of our time in Bolder. Denver was ok, Bolder was awesome!