Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Pets  (Read 12140 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Tell Us About Your Pets
« on: June 01, 2011, 11:29:56 am »
Extra credit for posting pictures.

Super Bonus Points for talking pet videos!
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Tell Us About Your Pets
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 11:34:01 am »
Just cats now
Cornflake 9 years old
Hops and Fuggles, (sisters) 3 years old
s***tyKitty(officially Salvador) 1 year
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 11:51:09 am »
I'll come in and add pics in a little bit, but I've watch over: (in seniority order)

Rita: Sister to the newly gone Mark. :( - 14 years, 10 months old - grey tabby. Pain in the ass and lover of all pizza. Still a little confused as to where the hell her brother is.

Rita

Mark

Toby: 12.5 year old white terrier mix. He's Amy's dog through and through.

Sammy: 6 year old Chihuahua / Papillon mix - Adopted him in 11/2009. He's crazy and obviously suffered abuse when he was younger before escaping to the streets. Favorite thing in the world - burrowing under the covers and snorting right up next to you. Also a pretty good vistor alarm

Cookie: 3 year old Chihuahua / Corgi mix - Adopted her in January. Total sweetheart. Fast as lighting, smart as a whip and requires belly rubs on a regular basis under penalty of being licked to death.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:00:32 pm by dbeechum »
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 12:11:06 pm »
Morgen, a 9-year old boxer/lab mix we rescued around 8 months old.

She's visible in this picture.

Tom Schmidlin

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 12:24:16 pm »
Cats

Jake and Zelda - 13 year old brother and sister.  She looks like a very small Holstein cow, and he looks kinda Siamese-ish

Nick - 4 year old small, fat black cat.  A real lover, well behaved and comes when called!

Rudy and Rosie - acquired from a shelter 2 moths ago.  Rudy is a just one year old, huge, furry orange/tan tabby with huge round yellow yes that we refer to as "Monster".  He can go from a madman (madcat?) to a purring lap kitty in the blink of an eye.  Rosie is a small, beautiful, fat (leading to the nickname "Meatball") gray kitty with beautiful green eyes.

Dogs

Casper - 4 year old purebred Border Collie who's certifiably crazy.  He came from a shelter and has sever fear issues with nearly everyone in the world except my wife and about 4 other people.  It's taken 2 years just to get him to stay in the house when I'm around and he'll still run if he even sees me move.  Beautiful dog and full of love for the people he trusts.

Janie - the opposite of Casper!  4 year old Border Collie/Golden Retriever mix (we think).  The most beautiful, loving dog I've ever owned.  Totally obsessed with chasing her favorite ball ALL the time!  Like Drew's Cookie, a licker who LOVES belly rubs!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Hokerer

• Manassas, VA
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 12:24:31 pm »
Cookie: 3 year old Chihuahua / Corgi mix - Adopted her in January. Total sweetheart. Fast as lighting, smart as a whip and requires belly rubs on a regular basis under penalty of being licked to death.

That sounds like an "interesting" mix
Joe

Offline SpanishCastleAle

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 12:26:05 pm »
Here's Jake, my assistant brewer (crappy old cell phone pic).  He's a mix.  He was good luck for last year's NHC and I left him off the 'assistant brewer' field this year...so I'm screwed.  He's really good at scarfing up any spilled, spent grains.  That's about it.

Offline WDE97

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lewiston, ID
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 12:46:32 pm »

Two cats.  Sassafrass (Sassy) is the fuzzy Himalayan, and Sofia is the tigerstripe.  Both are 6 years old.  Sofia is mostly afraid of everything except birds (which she catches and eats), and other cats (which she beats up if they stray into our yard).  Sassy on the other hand is very social and most importantly, loves my homebrew.  If I set my pint down she will jump up and start lapping it up!!  I think my Strong Scotch Ale is her favorite. ;D 
Robert H.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.    - Steven Wright

On tap: Strong Scotch Ale, RIS, ESB, Saison.

Fermenting: Belgian Dark Strong, Kolsch.

Up next: Bock, NEIPA, Brett Saison

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 12:52:12 pm »
Here's Jake, my assistant brewer (crappy old cell phone pic).  He's a mix.  He was good luck for last year's NHC and I left him off the 'assistant brewer' field this year...so I'm screwed.  He's really good at scarfing up any spilled, spent grains.  That's about it.

I'm sure you already know this, but just in case, make certain that Jake gets no hops.  They can be deadly for dogs.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 01:05:22 pm »

That sounds like an "interesting" mix

It is.. fortunately about the only thing she gets from the Chi side of the genes is being half the size of a corgi and having a rust red coat.
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 01:31:52 pm »
The only one left now is Jesse, 4 year old border collie and (maybe) pitbull mix, sweet as sugar and full of fun. Loves to steal a shoe and wait till you chase him for it. also very smart. currently a little confused and wondering where Pooka is. will post pics when I am home maybe.

We rescued Jesse when he was but a wee thing. He was from tennessee. Jesse 'cause he was found in a ditch' according to the woman who rescued him originaly. I gather it's a Jesse James reference but not being from the south cannot confirm nor deny.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 01:37:23 pm »

I'll see if I can find a better picture or two later on without my ugly mug in it, but here's my two guys:

Abby - on the left - border collie/aussie mix (we think) rescued ~6 years ago at the age of 2-3.  spunky, bossy and attention demanding but has the biggest heart of gold - just loves being around people and occasionally herding them.

Porter is the black lab on the right - adopted him about a month after Abby and he was just turning 2.  Defender of the house (or so he believes from safety of being behind the front window), quiet otherwise - a great companion - just don't hold your pint glass below knee level when you're sitting down otherwise it will be gone.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline Hokerer

• Manassas, VA
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 01:41:33 pm »
It is.. fortunately about the only thing she gets from the Chi side of the genes is being half the size of a corgi and having a rust red coat.

"Fortunately" is right, Corgis are great dogs.  Had one growing up.
Joe

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 01:48:30 pm »
"Fortunately" is right, Corgis are great dogs.  Had one growing up.

Yeah, this one has been a revelation. Sweet and kind. Can't believe she was in the shelter for 10 months (or even worse, someone adopted her for 4 days and then returned her because "the mother didn't want her"

The one thing I'm noticing though, don't let them get bored!
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 01:50:41 pm »
Yeah, this one has been a revelation. Sweet and kind. Can't believe she was in the shelter for 10 months (or even worse, someone adopted her for 4 days and then returned her because "the mother didn't want her"

before us, my BC/Aussie got returned 2 times by families claiming to want an active dog;  she was apparently 'too active' for them.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281