Many years ago, I regularly attended a very large several week long medieval reenactment/fair/camporee in Western PA. One of the regular warnings given to kilt-wearing participants was that they should wear underwear, since there were nests of ground wasps about the grounds.
That's not the worst of it, though.
One year, I was helping out in the first aid tent (actually run more as a field triage center, since it was mostly staffed by ER nurses and EMTs who just couldn't leave their jobs at home). At the time, there were a significant number of attendees who treated the event like a continuous party, and, of course, some people just can't hold their liquor.
So, one night at ca. 2 a.m. the medics bring in some poor schlub who'd just turned 21 and had decided to celebrate by blacking out the entire night's events. At some point, he'd stepped into the bushes to relieve himself, which was simple enough because he was wearing a kilt in the authentic fashion. ("Highlander" was the shiznits at the time, so there were battalions of Duncan McCleod wannabes.) Unfortunately, this turkey's brain chose just that moment to turn off - he must have had a BAC of at least 3.0.
So, he pitched face forward into the weeds, unconscious.
With his kilt up around his waist.
Into a big patch of poison oak.
The first aid team had to use latex gloves and lots of rubbing alcohol to clean him up before he could be transported. I don't envy his experience the next day, waking up in a hospital with the hangover from hell and itchy red welts all over his privates.