Author Topic: No Pants Brewing  (Read 2807 times)

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
Re: No Pants Brewing
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 12:07:23 PM »
I brew the way I cook. Never the same recipe the same way twice.

+1 to that.  I don't worry that I might not be able to exactly replicate a great beer because there are so many great beers out there.

One other thing that allows me to brew no pants, is making small batches.  Since I brew at least weekly, if a batch comes out really rank (not often but it happens) then I don't worry about dumping it.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 01:01:08 PM »
My brewing is more infrequent.  Whenever the opportunity presents itself.  I'm brewing twice in three days this weekend but it might be another month before I find a brew day again.  So I try to plan my brews out in as much detail as possible and stick to the plan as much as I can.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Fermenting: Wit
On Tap: Lucifer's Hammer Golden Strong Ale, Dopplebock, Old Fuzzynut's Ale

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 06:44:08 PM »
I tend to brew infrequently and I've found that even the commercial brewreis have difficulty brewing beers to taste the exaoct same.  I really love Founders brewing but even their beers have some variaitoion.... I'm brinking their beer now.  (and its killer bere but still I can tell differanace from sixer to sixreor).   :D

Anyway, what was ther question?   :D  I try to brew wihat I like, but sometimesw I seem to try to berw what othter people want and sometimees it works ana sometuimes it dont'.  I love making beer.   ;D

I need a recipe to make notn alcoholeoc or low alcohgolic beer for a family member.  Sruprise, suprises eh?!   :D  Amnyway, sericously if anybody has one I"d appreciate there recippe. 

Offline Dbbrewing

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 10:08:31 PM »
I plan my brew day and print out my recipe from beersmith and stick to it and keep notes if I don't hit a temp or something else changes.

Offline bigfatjoey

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 10:30:47 PM »
I usually have my pans on while brewing...
Ol' Edge Brew  -  Brewed and Enjoyed with Friends

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Eau Claire WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 03:17:23 PM »
I usually have my pans on while brewing...

Me too.
Once boiling wort splashed at me (about 1/2 quart).
I was way happy to wear paints.
I got lucky and I did not get burned.
Na Zdravie

On Tap At The TapRoom:
Bohemian Pilsner
Bohemian Dark Lager
Smoked Bock
MaiBock
American Brown Ale
Marzen
Root beer

Offline brewmasternpb

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 07:22:05 PM »
 ;D  That's funny, I've been calling my homebrewery the "No Pants" Brewery for 8+ years!  I thought someone named a thread after me  ;)
In response though, I want to take part in anything brewing related in that between-brewing-session duldrum, and that's when I plan the next session.
Dave Malone
The Greater Denver Yeast Infection

Offline blatz

• Brewmaster General
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 08:14:25 PM »
I can't. I'm half german and quarter bohemian, my father is an engineer, my grandfather was an engineer, my great grandfather was an engineer - it just isn't in my nature to not be exact and precise. I did a group/club brew with a spontaneous brewer once and it drove me insane.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 10:30:46 AM »
I can't. I'm half german and quarter bohemian, my father is an engineer, my grandfather was an engineer, my great grandfather was an engineer - it just isn't in my nature to not be exact and precise. I did a group/club brew with a spontaneous brewer once and it drove me insane.

I'm Swiss, German, and Danish,  I plan and usually try to stick to it, unless there was an inventory mistake and I have to change hops or something or if I'm an ounce or two off of base malts, but I don't worry about much about it.  I drive bluesman crazy when we brew together, because he really does get down to the details and I don't care as much. ;D  I used to be that way, but I got older, and less concerned. 8)
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 10:48:42 AM »
Well, I'm German and Irish, or Irish and German... depends which one dominates the day I brew I guess.   ???   :D   I like it when I don't over-think it and just do it for the most part though.  I let the German in me do the tasting and complaining, the Irish in me prefers to enjoy.   ;D

Offline beersk

• Senior Brewmaster
  • In the night!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 12:05:52 PM »
I thought "no pants" brewing referred to drinking heavily while you brewed?  Hence the cliche that when people get drunk they start removing clothing...
Watch out for those Cross Dressing Amateurs!

Offline Beertracker

• Brewer
  • ExperiFermenting since 1994!
    • View Profile
    • Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »
How about flying by the seat of your pants brewing? Frightenly, I know some pilots who really do that.  :D
CHEERS! Jeff
"A homebrewed beer is truly a superior beer." ~ "Buffalo" Bill Owens - American Brewer

Jeffrey Swearengin
Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
Tulsa, OK USA