Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Will YOUR brew be served next week?  (Read 6400 times)

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
Re: Will YOUR brew be served next week?
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 10:47:04 am »
Drew, the Guacamole, and frankly all of your saisons were awesome. And after your talk I officially put in my vote for WL to release Saison III. I'm sad that I missed Tom's sour though. Far too many good beers to try them all. Oh well, I'm already planning for next year. Yay, NHC within driving distance!  ;D

BTW, anybody stop by the CHUG booth?  ;)

I'm pretty sure I stopped at every booth.  What were you serving?
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 10:52:46 am »
I didn't make it to CHUG sadly. I spent most of my night talking Saisons with folks. :)

Thanks for the compliment! I was chuffed to see the enthusiastic response to the talk and the "California Saisons".

Of course, my call to request the Saison III was eventually morphed by the grist mill into the rumor that White Labs was launching Saison III as a new strain. Neva looked at me with bewilderment. :)
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 10:57:32 am »
Drew, the Guacamole, and frankly all of your saisons were awesome. And after your talk I officially put in my vote for WL to release Saison III. I'm sad that I missed Tom's sour though. Far too many good beers to try them all. Oh well, I'm already planning for next year. Yay, NHC within driving distance!  ;D

BTW, anybody stop by the CHUG booth?  ;)

I took pictures of every single club while I was there. If I get a chance... I'll post the shots of the CHUG booth and if you're in the shot let me know so I know who you are for next year.  ;)
Ron Price

Offline tankdeer

• Brewer
  • Portland, OR
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 11:30:00 am »
Every booth!?!? You are more of a man than I. I wish I could remember everything we had on. But going from memory we had, Imperial Rye Red, American Red, Triple IPA (Kelsey McNair's), English IPA on cask, a dark sour Saison, a few bottles of sour Brown, Mild, Helles, and a bunch of stuff I can't remember. Considering we are a small club, we had more than enough beer.

I took pictures of every single club while I was there. If I get a chance... I'll post the shots of the CHUG booth and if you're in the shot let me know so I know who you are for next year.  ;)
Cool man, definitely post up the photos you have. I wish I could have made the rounds a little more than I did, but I was at the booth most of the night - which was still a blast.
No TV and no beer make Homer something something...

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 12:27:10 pm »
Every booth!?!? You are more of a man than I. I wish I could remember everything we had on. But going from memory we had, Imperial Rye Red, American Red, Triple IPA (Kelsey McNair's), English IPA on cask, a dark sour Saison, a few bottles of sour Brown, Mild, Helles, and a bunch of stuff I can't remember. Considering we are a small club, we had more than enough beer.
That's not to say I had more than one sample at any one booth.  I tend to stay away from most of the Imperial/Barleywine/Triples, too.  I think I tried all of the Milds I could find and most everything on cask.
At Pro Brewer night, I had a tough time getting small pours and ended up sipping and pouring out a lot of perfectly good samples.  I saw one smart guy with a rubber band around his glass to give an idea of where the fill line should be.
Last year or the year before Crispy Frye said he sampled every single beer, but at an ounce or so it's hardly enough to get a real taste.
Homebrewing since 1990
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 02:52:00 pm »
We had some good feedback on the CItAP that we sent.  It survived the shipping on the hot truck just fine.
Both Wayne, the Cigar City brewer, and I really liked that CAP.  Nice job.  You said you used clusters in it and something else?
It was 25% corn meal and 75% 6-row.  Cereal mash.
The hops were cluster for bittering and saaz for flavor and aroma.  35 IBU target.
WLP830 fermented at 50F, lagered at about 35F.

Going home tomorrow, can post more details later if desired.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 02:57:56 pm »
We had some good feedback on the CItAP that we sent.  It survived the shipping on the hot truck just fine.
Both Wayne, the Cigar City brewer, and I really liked that CAP.  Nice job.  You said you used clusters in it and something else?
It was 25% corn meal and 75% 6-row.  Cereal mash.
The hops were cluster for bittering and saaz for flavor and aroma.  35 IBU target.
WLP830 fermented at 50F, lagered at about 35F.

Going home tomorrow, can post more details later if desired.

Congrats on your Bronze Medal Jeff!

Nice job.  :)
Ron Price

Offline tankdeer

• Brewer
  • Portland, OR
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 03:55:26 pm »
That's not to say I had more than one sample at any one booth.  I tend to stay away from most of the Imperial/Barleywine/Triples, too.  I think I tried all of the Milds I could find and most everything on cask.
At Pro Brewer night, I had a tough time getting small pours and ended up sipping and pouring out a lot of perfectly good samples.  I saw one smart guy with a rubber band around his glass to give an idea of where the fill line should be.
Last year or the year before Crispy Frye said he sampled every single beer, but at an ounce or so it's hardly enough to get a real taste.
Well true. I only hit probably 10 booths or so. And whatever people handed me. But even then I had some great beers. I honestly was just enjoying pouring and chatting with people most of the night. Club night went by way too quickly.
No TV and no beer make Homer something something...

Offline ghumphrey

• Cellarman
  • Highlands Ranch, CO
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 05:56:17 pm »
I sent a keg of Belgian Wit that we sent through a Randall with Citra and Amarillo hops. Guess the novelty factor was at play because the keg kicked in the first hour.

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 06:02:40 pm »
I sent a keg of Belgian Wit that we sent through a Randall with Citra and Amarillo hops. Guess the novelty factor was at play because the keg kicked in the first hour.
I see you're from Rock Hoppers.
I got the new t-shirt to match last year's, thank you very much.
It's like a rock concert t with all the participating clubs listed on the back.
Homebrewing since 1990
BJCP judge since 1995