Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brewday live!  (Read 6089 times)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: Brewday live!
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2011, 10:32:56 am »
I had some kind of weird quirk, when I follow the link it says it is at phil's page but it is trying to get me to broadcast.  If I go to the home page and then search for phillamb I can pull up the videos.  Not live anymore though, eh?  Too bad.
Tom Schmidlin

ccarlson

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2011, 11:17:12 am »
I got that same thing. I just wanted to look, not broadcast.

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2011, 11:32:05 am »
I tuned in, only to see a ceiling light fixture. Yawn.  ;D
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2011, 03:39:15 pm »
I signed up and saw some of it. Pretty neat. I'll broadcast some of my clubs festival on the plains Next Saturday.
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2011, 06:28:33 am »
Yeah, that was a neat experience. I wish there was a way to mark 'highlights' or something, though - I think there was something like five hours' broadcast time which can be a little tedious to sit through. Beers sampled included:

My THA clone
Outland brewery's latest IPA (wayyy better than their first)
Pliny the Elder
Blind Pig
Emelisse Double IPA
Goose Island Juliet
Some Israeli beer that tasted horrible
New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red (HOLY COW awesome)
Some Swedish IPAs that I can't recall
Hudson Baby Bourbon (Tulithtown distillery)
the Shackleton reproduction whisky (http://whiskymagazine.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/shackletons-whisky-unveiled)
sweet wort with some Knob Creek thrown in
And at this point I start to forget what all else we had. Oh and there was food, breakfast pizzas with sausage, bacon, swiss and cheddar cheese and buttermilk gravy, also four kilos of chicken wings and five kilos of pulled pork. A good time was had by all.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2011, 06:39:08 am »
Yeah, that was a neat experience. I wish there was a way to mark 'highlights' or something, though - I think there was something like five hours' broadcast time which can be a little tedious to sit through. Beers sampled included:

My THA clone
Pliny the Elder
Blind Pig
Emelisse Double IPA
Goose Island Juliet
the Shackleton reproduction whisky (http://whiskymagazine.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/shackletons-whisky-unveiled)
And at this point I start to forget what all else we had. Oh and there was food, breakfast pizzas with sausage, bacon, swiss and cheddar cheese and buttermilk gravy, also four kilos of chicken wings and five kilos of pulled pork. A good time was had by all.
Now that's one hell of a brewday! Sounds like a blast.
Mark Gres

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2011, 11:32:05 am »
Dude! I wanna brew with you!!!  :o
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline tumarkin

• Brewmaster
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2011, 11:44:47 am »

My THA clone
Pliny the Elder
Blind Pig
Emelisse Double IPA
Goose Island Juliet

apparently Phil is NOT one of those folks who don't drink till the brew day's done  ::)
Mark Tumarkin
Hogtown Brewers
Gainesville, FL

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2011, 01:41:18 pm »
Like I said in the do you drink when you brew thread, you gotta have a beer when you brew - it shows the youngster what it's going to be when it grows up.   ;)

My visiting friend & I had your broadcast on live while we drank martinis and talked story bout the old days (we are 11 hours behind you here in Hawaii so it started around 8PM our time).  The sound was pretty good.  The birds came through great.  I heard sparrow-like, dove, and mockingbird-like sounds.  I also heard a lot of English.  Occasionally it was loud enough to understand the conversation.  Man you serve a nice variety of pu pus.  I couldn't keep up here, and there were only two of us.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2011, 06:21:44 am »
Like I said in the do you drink when you brew thread, you gotta have a beer when you brew - it shows the youngster what it's going to be when it grows up.   ;)

My visiting friend & I had your broadcast on live while we drank martinis and talked story bout the old days (we are 11 hours behind you here in Hawaii so it started around 8PM our time).  The sound was pretty good.  The birds came through great.  I heard sparrow-like, dove, and mockingbird-like sounds.  I also heard a lot of English.  Occasionally it was loud enough to understand the conversation.  Man you serve a nice variety of pu pus.  I couldn't keep up here, and there were only two of us.

Thanks Puna. We have morningdove, sparrows, magpie, wren, Eurasian coot, duck, goose, heron, kingfisher, Great Tit, robins and hawks within about 2 km of me. In particular the robins, tits and wren are in my garden all the time. I feed them spent grain, of course. One of the wrens pretty much never moves from our lower garden and is a bit bossy of the other birds.

Pu pus meaning food? We didn't do too much - breakfast pizza, wings, cole slaw, pulled pork, guacamole, all over the course of about 10 hours.

Here's a photo of everyone after we relocated to the park (more shade, more room):

From left: Nico (coworker), Michael (heavyhops.com), wife of Simon, Yann of Outland Brewery, Simon (caveabulles.fr), Dauphine, Jordan, my wife, and then Emily (fiancee of Brandon from http://beergeekinparis.blogspot.com/). Check out all that Pliny!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 06:24:04 am by phillamb168 »
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2011, 11:41:28 am »
Pupus is plual for pupu (poo poo) = food served in small portions - hors d'oevures.

We often do this at gatherings instead of a sit-down dinner.  "Beverages and heavy pupus will be served."

Another way it's often done here is BYOB and potluck.  Everybody gathers at a location (often a beach park) and contributes to the food and drinks for all.  That is very local kine pau hana spread.  One very popular pupu is poke (po kay)

Despite what they say in that link, poke goes back waaaay before Sam Choy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:01:11 pm by punatic »
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907