Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: AHA Forumite Meetup  (Read 7461 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: AHA Forumite Meetup
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 01:56:42 pm »
Bump....remember, it's on for 12:45 Fri. in the hospitality suite.

Got it!
Ron Price

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 02:37:42 pm »
Bad planning on my part guys, went to lunch with some club friends.

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 06:51:52 pm »
Sorry..... I missed the meeting as I wound up meeting my brother from San Diego..... last minute change of plans.

It's been a long day all week.  :-[
Ron Price

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2011, 04:10:49 pm »
I forgot...oopsy...
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

narvin

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 04:38:52 pm »
I also forgot.  Think I went to lunch instead.  I was a little tipsy after the beer heavy morning sessions.  I also bought the AHA conference shirt twice within two hours on Friday because I forgot that I bought it the first time!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2011, 01:09:25 am »
It was great fun, I got to meet 4 or 5 people I already knew :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2011, 02:13:45 pm »

Small indeed.  I said "Hi Drew. Hi Tom. Later."

Meetup = Fail.  Need forum badges or buttons or something so you can meet people throughout the week.  Got to meet Ron because he introduced himself to me.  Especially difficult if I don't know someone by anything but their forum name.  I had better luck meeting BN people since many of them actually registered using their BN forum names.
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2011, 02:21:21 pm »

Small indeed.  I said "Hi Drew. Hi Tom. Later."

Meetup = Fail.  Need forum badges or buttons or something so you can meet people throughout the week.  Got to meet Ron because he introduced himself to me.  Especially difficult if I don't know someone by anything but their forum name.  I had better luck meeting BN people since many of them actually registered using their BN forum names.
Many of the BN guys also had BN badges around their necks.  Maybe we could come up with a similar thing that people could print and laminate on their own, including their forum name and avatar.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2011, 02:29:09 pm »

Small indeed.  I said "Hi Drew. Hi Tom. Later."

Meetup = Fail.  Need forum badges or buttons or something so you can meet people throughout the week.  Got to meet Ron because he introduced himself to me.  Especially difficult if I don't know someone by anything but their forum name.  I had better luck meeting BN people since many of them actually registered using their BN forum names.
Many of the BN guys also had BN badges around their necks.  Maybe we could come up with a similar thing that people could print and laminate on their own, including their forum name and avatar.

Great idea Tom.

I like the idea of some type of a badge identifying each of the forum members attending the conference. Since we are all practically invisible at the conference, a badge or nametag should help make us all visible. Whether we make one ourselves or ask to have them printed on our nametags. Either way would work...IMO.

Ron Price

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2011, 03:02:16 pm »
Yeah, some sort of ID is a great idea.  If we do the meet-n-greet thing again, I'll push for it to be a formally scheduled event, not something impromptu like this time.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2011, 03:13:46 pm »
Agreed,

It might also be nice if we can work with the AHA to get some sort of formal recognition of forum groups as a whole.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2011, 09:21:55 pm »
Speaking of badges, several people I talked to wondered why theirs had no club or city under the name.  Maybe next year there could be a section on the application for what you want displayed on your badge.  You could put nickname, forum name, club, city, whatever.

I missed meeting Ron, but I sat next to Fred and I already knew several others.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2011, 12:11:47 am »
I heard the same thing about the lack of club/city names for some people.  There was even a married couple who registered at the same time the same way, one got the info listed and one didn't.  I don't know who prints those, I'm guessing the AHA.  I think we can have it fixed for next year.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2011, 05:15:32 am »
I had nothing on mine so I wore my BJCP badge the entire time. Several had our club and one from our club had her city listed.

If they are making the change, include the name they want displayed on the badge. One of the guys in my club always has to put a sticker over his to display his nickname instead of his real first name which he never uses. I guess long ago he signed up for the AHA using his full name and it stuck.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2011, 05:26:59 am »
Speaking of badges, several people I talked to wondered why theirs had no club or city under the name.  Maybe next year there could be a section on the application for what you want displayed on your badge.  You could put nickname, forum name, club, city, whatever.

I missed meeting Ron, but I sat next to Fred and I already knew several others.

Sorry I missed you Jeff. There's always next year.

We should look into this further and suggest changes to the process (identification) of making the badges. I'm thinking that it could happen at the NHC Registration point. I thought there was a box that asked for this (name as printed on ID badge), or something of that nature, during the registration process.

Ron Price