Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Dogfish Head - Hellhound  (Read 1244 times)

Offline liquidbrewing

• Brewer
  • OG - FG x 131= ABV%
Dogfish Head - Hellhound
« on: June 02, 2011, 07:31:46 am »
Picked one these up yesterday, me and the wife split it last night.  Lemons???  Honestly I didn't get any of the lemony flavor all the reviews I read described.  I love lemons, so I was excited about trying this beer.  Not a let down though, it was a great beer.  Almost middle of the road between the 60 and the 90.  I know they make a 75 min, but have never had the pleasure to try it.  Maybe this is like an 80 min IPA ;D.

Very hop forward, lots of citrusy notes and flavors, but not overshadowing the malt flavor.  Very good.
Justin
Liquid Brewing, Co.
"Find Your Own Level"

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Dogfish Head - Hellhound
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 07:49:58 am »
I had a "Hellhound On My Ale" on tap at the DFH Brewpub last week. I thought it was rather good. Some moderate to heavy bittering with substantial hop flavor (citrus) coming from all Columbus hops (100ibu's reported), the citrus hop aroma is pleasant with a hint of lemon but masked by alcohol esters. Malt was supporting at best. Medium bodied. Alcohol esters are quite dominating in the finish but expected for a 10% abv beer. I found it to a nice sipping beer rather accompanying with a quality cigar. Nice work DFH!
Ron Price