Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Scotland Beer Stampede  (Read 3246 times)

Offline alikocho

• Brewmaster
  • Bristol, UK
    • A Storm Brewing
Re: Scotland Beer Stampede
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 04:42:43 am »
Probably not.. remember Budweiser is considered a  "Premium Lager"

I wonder by how many.  :-\
Everyone at InBev!

And quite a lot of the UK market. Anything that hits 5% is considered a premium lager over here
Bristol Brewing Circle (BBC)
Bristol Craft Brewers

UK National Homebrew Competition - http://www.bristolhomebrewcompetition.org.uk/

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 08:19:55 am »
Every single time I hear the word Michelob I think of either Stever Martin or Pizza Parlors from the '80s. I also remember seeing adverts from them about three years ago with a bunch of "new" recipes - dopplebock, weizen, that sort of thing - anybody try them?

I remember having my brother buy a friend and I a 6 pack of Michelob Dark when we were 16. I think the commercial sold me: "Dark beer: not just for thick-necked guys named Gunther". That was 21 years ago. I haven't touched the brand since.

Back in the day I was a big Schlitz Dark fan.  A "Dark Evening" with my friends entailed a doob or two, a pitcher of Schlitz Dark each, a pizza, and several hours in the footsball parlor.  As often as not fresh mushrooms were thrown in the mix for good measure (and belly laughs).

I see those dark days as the incubation of my quest for beer with flavor

Michelob Dark tasted the same as regular Michelob.  We used to joke that it was the same, with dark food coloring added.

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 09:22:28 am »
[Michelob Dark tasted the same as regular Michelob.  We used to joke that it was the same, with dark food coloring added.

I think it more or less is, except it's caramel coloring. same thing that gives coke it's color
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 09:31:06 am »
premium brands such as Budweiser   ???

Must be talking about price.
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 09:51:34 am »
I think it more or less is, except it's caramel coloring. same thing that gives coke it's color

It's their own special brand of brewer's caramel. Interesting stuff, far, far thicker than Sinamar and just barely less thick than say LME. A 2L bottle of it is extraordinarily heavy.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 10:06:20 am »
Every single time I hear the word Michelob I think of either Stever Martin or Pizza Parlors from the '80s. I also remember seeing adverts from them about three years ago with a bunch of "new" recipes - dopplebock, weizen, that sort of thing - anybody try them?

I remember having my brother buy a friend and I a 6 pack of Michelob Dark when we were 16. I think the commercial sold me: "Dark beer: not just for thick-necked guys named Gunther". That was 21 years ago. I haven't touched the brand since.

Back in the day I was a big Schlitz Dark fan.  A "Dark Evening" with my friends entailed a doob or two, a pitcher of Schlitz Dark each, a pizza, and several hours in the footsball parlor.  As often as not fresh mushrooms were thrown in the mix for good measure (and belly laughs).

I see those dark days as the incubation of my quest for beer with flavor

Michelob Dark tasted the same as regular Michelob.  We used to joke that it was the same, with dark food coloring added.

I remember reading that Budweiser was using the Michelob brand as their experimental brewery and an answer to the Micro's that were coming out.  The brewers for Michelob get to play with new recipes.

Michelob was the "expensive" beer when I was younger.  SWMBO liked Michelob Dark when we could afford it.  I haven't had it in years and would be a little worried to try it now as it might taint a lot of good memories.  Oh well.

Anyway, Budweiser says Premium Lager right on the can doesn't it?  The can wouldn't lie.  8^)

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?