Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing This Weekend - 6/10 Edition  (Read 4597 times)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: What's Brewing This Weekend - 6/10 Edition
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 11:07:56 pm »
In SD already, went out and about.  Spent some time at Mission Brewing.  The Blonde is blonde, the amber is a bit grassy the IPA is drinkable and the double IPA was good but not great.  The weizen however, was excellent today.  We had several of those.  Very nice.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline aviking427

• Cellarman
  • Pound Ridge, NY
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 09:10:05 am »
Racking and dry hopping a Double IPA today. Next weekend I'm going to try this weeks recipe of the week for my wife and recipe adjustment #2 of my attempt at a Black IPA/Cascadian Ale. Has anyone brewed the passion fruit wild fire wheat? How much of the fruit comes through?
Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 07:53:54 pm »
In spite of coming down with a nasty head cold that ruined Friday and Saturday, I was able to crank out a Waldo Lake Amber this afternoon.

TomS the brewpub reviews are much appreciated.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 10:37:19 pm »
My wife & I brewed up a wit and a belgian blonde.  All went well other than being rather disorganized today.  Now to wait for the tripel (brewed last weekend) to be done fermenting & conditioning so I can bottle it.  I was also going to bottle a belgian dark strong this weekend but that didn't happen.  Will have to get that done this week.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2011, 11:12:09 pm »
TomS the brewpub reviews are much appreciated.
Good :)

I should add re: Mission that, while I didn't prefer the amber a LOT of people were drinking it so it may be that it's just not to my taste.  None of the beers were bad, and if I had been in a hoppy mood I might have been happier with the IPA and double IPA.  It's also worth mentioning that the place is unfinished.  They have no refrigeration so the beer was a bit warm and they were icing kegs before putting them on.  I really liked the place, very friendly staff too.

When you get to the area, I recommend finding a copy of the West Coaster SD, a local free beer rag.  The last page has a map listing breweries, restaurants, and good beer bars.  We went to a few of the places and had great experiences everywhere.  It's been an excellent guide so far.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2011, 11:46:00 am »
We'll certainly take into account that its one man's opinion of the beers, subject to the vagaries of the moment.  I'd probably be into that amber myself, and the IPA.  I'm generally in a hoppy mood.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO