Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: GABF Members Only Entrance?  (Read 6153 times)

Offline exploring

• 1st Kit
GABF Members Only Entrance?
« on: August 19, 2012, 09:44:57 am »
Hello all,

I was not able to attend the GABF last year, but I have been graced to be able to go this year.  In previous years we had a members only entrance that sped up entrance into the hall.  I had to go through Ticket Master this year inorder to get tickets, which I am sure most of you did too. 

My questions are...
1. Is there still a members only entrance?
2. If so, how do we get the stamp on our tickets?

Offline brewingbryan

• 1st Kit
Re: GABF Members Only Entrance?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 06:23:58 pm »
I was curious about his as well. My ticket is marked "member" under the admission part of the ticket, although I don't know if that's referring to the fact I'm a member and bought the ticket during the member purchase time or if I access a members only entrance.

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:38:21 pm »
If the ticket does not also say "Member's Entrance", then you'll need to get into the general admission line.
Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline elutkins

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 04:28:52 pm »
I have tickets that say MEMBERS ENTRANCE+FC

However, this is the first time i've been able to use the members entrance.  Can someone tell me where the members entrance line usually starts?  I read as post from a few years ago that says it's inside the convention center instead of the normal one outside.  Is that correct for this year as well?

Offline jrsyboy

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 08:54:44 am »
In previous years, to find the Members' line you basically just went inside the convention center in the front and somebody would steer you toward it.  It is pretty much right in the center of the lobby area.  Your ticket will be checked as you join the line and there is a pretty strict "no cutting" policy inside, so make sure your entire party is together.

Other things to note, they will walk through the line checking IDs and providing wristbands so you don't have to go through that once the line starts moving.  You can bring your dinner inside and eat while you are waiting, then just dump your trash before the line starts moving.  Previous years an insert came with your tickets that said not to expect to line up before 4:45pm but I haven't seen anything this year since I got my tickets electronically.

Offline m_c_zero

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 02:16:07 pm »
Here's the e-mail I received from GABF:

Members Entrance
Here's how to get into the festival
You're receiving this message as a Great American Beer Festival (GABF) ticket holder with a ticket(s) that is valid for the Members Entrance. Sweet! Here's how it works.

Access to the Members Entrance is limited to guests holding tickets that read "Members Entrance + FC $0.00."
Enter the Colorado Convention Center through the 14th St. doors (next to the blue bear), follow signs to the Members Entrance near the escalator.
A regular ticket and AHA membership card will not gain entrance in this line. Only Members Entrance tickets will be admitted.
Please show up no earlier than 4:45 pm for the Members Entrance. Doors open at 5:30.
Have your ID and Members Entrance ticket ready to keep the line moving.
If you are attending with friends who do not have Members Entrance tickets, please use the public entrance if you wish to enter the festival together.
If you have Saturday afternoon tickets, use the public entrance at Stout and 14th St.