Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pabst  (Read 15439 times)

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
Re: Pabst
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2011, 10:39:41 am »
We used to really enjoy Mickey's on a hot summer day but when they stopped producing the "grenade" wide-mouth barrel bottles we stopped buying it. The puzzles under the cap were fun too.

My wife still has a few 6-packs of the bottles left over, she uses them for flower vases haha.

Tony
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2011, 12:23:52 pm »
In my high school yearbook from my senior year, under my "plans for the future" it says: Music and Mickey's. I didn't stick with either.

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2011, 12:33:27 pm »
We used to really enjoy Mickey's on a hot summer day but when they stopped producing the "grenade" wide-mouth barrel bottles we stopped buying it. The puzzles under the cap were fun too.

My wife still has a few 6-packs of the bottles left over, she uses them for flower vases haha.

Tony
I'm pretty sure they're still making them. I swear I saw them recently at the local liquor store. Maybe they just stopped distributing in your area?
Mark Gres

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2011, 12:48:07 pm »
I've seen the big mouth bottles like above, but it's been years since I saw the grenade ones (with the pull tab cap).
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2011, 01:30:22 pm »
I've seen the big mouth bottles like above, but it's been years since I saw the grenade ones (with the pull tab cap).

yeah i didnt notice an exact match for the old ones when i was searching

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2011, 01:36:13 pm »
I just did another search and found this:

Those are the original pull-tops, my says she has atleast a case of them in storage!

Tony

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2011, 04:25:00 pm »

Tony

I went to the Silver Spurs Rodeo in Kissimmee, Florida with a friend one time.  We put away nearly a case of Mickey's (Mouse?) Big Mouth in the process.  One of the worst hangovers I've ever had!  Even looking at the bottle makes me queasy to this day.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2011, 10:47:09 am »
This was in the news today:
Here's how tight the Silicon Valley battle for tech talent has gotten: If you can fill an open engineering position at Hipster, the startup will reward you with $10,000 in cash and a year's supply of PBR beer.

The San Francisco company is looking for three or four local engineers with experience in building Web software and mobile apps -- the exact same skill set hundreds of other tech companies are also seeking. Posting the openings on traditional job sites didn't lead to any promising applicants. Then Hipster co-founder Doug Ludlow wondered, "What if we gave a year's worth of PBR? And it snowballed from there."
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

ccarlson

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2011, 12:02:23 pm »

Tony

I went to the Silver Spurs Rodeo in Kissimmee, Florida with a friend one time.  We put away nearly a case of Mickey's (Mouse?) Big Mouth in the process.  One of the worst hangovers I've ever had!  Even looking at the bottle makes me queasy to this day.

Shake that ass?

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2011, 09:05:57 pm »

Tony

I don't think I could ever force myself to drink enough Mickey's to have a hangover - let alone the "worst hangover ever". Gonna need something a little harder, or at least more interesting, for that. Now if there were other substances involved you might want to come clean to save face.  ;)

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2011, 10:16:41 pm »
I don't think I could ever force myself to drink enough Mickey's to have a hangover - let alone the "worst hangover ever". Gonna need something a little harder, or at least more interesting, for that. Now if there were other substances involved you might want to come clean to save face.  ;)

My friend was a very pretty blond Texican.  There was some pakalolo involved, and she liked my custom van.  It's hard to remember for sure, but I believe there was some face-time in there too...   ;) 
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

ccarlson

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2011, 06:30:19 am »
I used to enjoy Mickeys and I still enjoy a cold Pabst now and then. When I first started brewing I got a little snobbish about beer, but after a few comments from my wife and others about looking down my nose, I decided that I didn't want to be "that" person.

Those beers took me though high school/college and good times were had. To knock them would be like knocking old friends.

Offline dzlater

• Brewmaster
  • Dan S. New Jersey
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2011, 04:36:36 am »
I used to enjoy Mickeys and I still enjoy a cold Pabst now and then. When I first started brewing I got a little snobbish about beer, but after a few comments from my wife and others about looking down my nose, I decided that I didn't want to be "that" person.

Those beers took me though high school/college and good times were had. To knock them would be like knocking old friends.

I kind of went through the same thing.
And sometimes one of those "old friends" is just what the situation calls for.
Dan S. from NJ