Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Winners  (Read 4074 times)

narvin

Re: NHC Winners
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 12:42:36 pm »
Paul, who won the Ninkasi, also won the Pro-Am competition on Pro Brewer night.  Nice guy, I talked to him since he was the guide for our AleSmith/Pizza Port bus tour.  He's also a Maryland ex-pat living in SD.

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 01:22:49 pm »
So someone else won the Ninkasi this time! I don't see that Gordon won anything, did he even enter?

Didn't enter this year.  Three's enough, don't you think?  I'm still drinking the beer I made for last year's NHC.  Besides, this way I got to judge melomels, mead BOS and Beer BOS.  Haven't got to do those in years.

I was glad to see so many old friends and meet many more.  Susan Rankert and I took turns pouring Old Cantankerous on Pro Brewer Night.  Sierra Nevada rebrewed it on their bigger system.  It's not quite as good as the original, but close. 

Congrats to all the winners.  Been awhile since less than 12 points won the Ninkasi.  It really was up for grabs.
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 01:45:07 pm »
Thanks, Denny and everyone else.  I found out I won a gold for sour bug beer this morning, and think I startled my co-workers with the "Yee haw!" that came from my office.  8)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 01:46:46 pm »
Thanks, Denny and everyone else.  I found out I won a gold for sour bug beer this morning, and think I startled my co-workers with the "Yee haw!" that came from my office.  8)

Congrats chumley! 

Nice job!  8)
Ron Price

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 02:17:22 pm »
Awesome chumley, congratulations!
Tom Schmidlin

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 03:12:18 pm »
Not bad for a guy who drinks PBR, chumster!  ;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tankdeer

• Brewer
  • Portland, OR
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 11:39:29 am »
Congrats to my buddies, Kelsey McNair (his porter was amazing), and of course Paul Sangster for taking the big prize. Both are great brewers and such down to earth guys.

Stay Classy San Diego!
No TV and no beer make Homer something something...

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 11:43:16 am »
Congrats to my buddies, Kelsey McNair (his porter was amazing), and of course Paul Sangster for taking the big prize. Both are great brewers and such down to earth guys.

Stay Classy San Diego!

+1 I was happy to meet both guys, and to try their beer.  They make good beer.  People who make good beer have a better chance of winning awards.  Good on them.
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong