Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: AHA Forumite Meetup  (Read 7454 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Re: AHA Forumite Meetup
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2011, 05:28:44 am »
FWIW - the person from my club said he filled that in, no dice...something is being left off if the club is on some, city on some and nothing on others.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline Tim McManus

• Assistant Brewer
    • Haskell Brewing Company
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2011, 09:29:08 am »
Tim McManus
Haskell, NJ

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2011, 10:39:00 am »
Susan had our town on her badge, I didn't.  Those were registered at the same time.

Got to meet Mike at Pizza Port San Clemente before the conference, as he recognized Susan from previous conferences. :o
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2011, 10:40:47 am »
Ron Price

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2011, 11:48:59 am »
Susan had our town on her badge, I didn't.  Those were registered at the same time.

Got to meet Mike at Pizza Port San Clemente before the conference, as he recognized Susan from previous conferences. :o

Women who have attended and medalled at multiple conferences is probably a small group.  Or he could just be a creepy stalker.  ;)
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2011, 01:58:37 pm »
I hadn't started drinking yet that day ;)

No, I remembered her pouring at Ken's presentation in MN. I thought she might have been a steward on a flight at first but we cleared that up over glasses of Pliny  ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:28:18 pm by MDixon »
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2011, 02:10:53 pm »
One of the few things ever cleared up over glasses of Pliny!
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline johnf

• Brewer
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 02:27:39 pm »
I heard the same thing about the lack of club/city names for some people.  There was even a married couple who registered at the same time the same way, one got the info listed and one didn't.  I don't know who prints those, I'm guessing the AHA.  I think we can have it fixed for next year.

Family memberships require you to register at the same time with the same info. You enter everything, except the second name, once. So my wife and I entered that way and she had city and club and I did not. Sounds like a consistent flaw in the process.

An unrelated family membership flaw is that you can only put one BJCP number so my wife will have to bug Gordon to get CEP points (which I assume is the only reason they ask for it). I assume there are very few family memberships with more than one BJCP member on them, so maybe it isn't worth fixing.

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2011, 02:34:00 pm »
An unrelated family membership flaw is that you can only put one BJCP number so my wife will have to bug Gordon to get CEP points (which I assume is the only reason they ask for it). I assume there are very few family memberships with more than one BJCP member on them, so maybe it isn't worth fixing.

I'll add Amy's points if she's not on the list.
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong