Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New years eve menu and pairings  (Read 3263 times)

Offline niquejim

• Cellarman
New years eve menu and pairings
« on: December 09, 2009, 01:04:22 pm »
For NYE I'm doing a tasting menu paired with beer and wine for each course. My FIL is taking care of the wine, so I just wanted to get some feedback on my choices for the beers.

The menu is

First: Tuna sashimi with daikon radish, cucumber, fresh grated ginger and a soy dipping sauce. Beer---Wit

Second: Pan seared scallops with bacon puree and brussel spouts. Beer---best bitter ( probably London Pride)

Third: Grilled mango and prosciutto with herb ricotta and mango coulis Beer---German or Bohemian Pilsner ( probably PU)

Fourth: Pineapple polenta and shrimp with pineapple habanero sauce. Beer--- Beligian Blonde

Fifth: Grilled lamb (ground lamb with corriander, cumin, cayenne and cilantro) skewers with cucumber mint coucous and cucumber yogurt dipping sauce. Beer---Duchess de Bourgonne (sp)

Sixth: Roasted whole beef tenderloin and bearnaise sauce with mushroom risotto. Beer--- American Pale Ale or Brown Ale

Seventh:  2 year aged Stilton, 3 year aged Parmesan, 18 month aged Comte and 2 year aged Canadian Cheddar. Beer---Wee Heavy or Old Ale

Eight: Crème brulee with fruit. Beer---Chocolate , Mocha or Coffee stout
Burrowing Owl Brewery----Better things for better living...Through Debauchery and Inebriation

Offline niquejim

• Cellarman
Re: New years eve menu and pairings
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 06:55:14 pm »
This is the final menu

First: Tuna sashimi with daikon radish, fresh grated ginger and a soy dipping sauce. Beer---Unibroue-Blanche de Chambly

Second: Pan seared scallops on a bacon/mushroom/onion stuffed mini bell pepper and fried mushrooms. Beer---Fuller's- London Pride

Third: Grilled mango and crispy baked prosciutto with herb ricotta and mango coulis. Beer---Weihenstephaner- Original

Fourth: Parmesan polenta and shrimp with pineapple habanero sauce. Beer--- Unibroue- La Fin du Monde

Fifth: Seasoned ground lamb skewers with cucumber mint couscous and cucumber yogurt dipping sauce. Beer---Brouwerij Verhaeghe- Duchesse de Bourgogne

Sixth:Two Wagyu beef tenderloins with porcini/portabella mushroom risotto. Beer---Wychwood's- Hobgoblin

Seventh: 3 Year aged Blue Stilton, 2 year aged French Comte, 3 year aged Australian white cheddar, some curry cashews and 3 year aged Parmesan with a drizzle of maple syrup. Beer--- Flying Dog- Gonzo Imperial Porter

Eighth: Crème Brule in a sugar cookie tartlets on a bed of mixed berry compote. Beer--- Rogue- Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout
Burrowing Owl Brewery----Better things for better living...Through Debauchery and Inebriation

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 07:05:26 pm »
Sounds great!  How many people are you serving?
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline niquejim

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 01:05:27 pm »
I served 19 people and it was one of the best dinner I ever had

Offline mikeypedersen

• Brewer
  • Longmont, CO
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 02:33:52 pm »
Sounds like an awesome dinner!

The pan-seared scallops with bacon puree almost made me drool on my keyboard!  ;D