Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: One Day in Boston  (Read 1884 times)

Offline mrbizness

• 1st Kit
One Day in Boston
« on: June 21, 2011, 08:40:15 pm »
I have one evening and one full day in Boston proper.  Where do I go for a great beer?

Thanks.

Mike

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
Re: One Day in Boston
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 11:21:57 pm »
All depends upon where in Boston you are.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline malzig

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 05:20:22 am »
Most of the best beer bars are in Cambridge and Alston/Brighton, not far from Boston, depending on how much time you have for your 1 day.  The Cambridge Brewing Company is probably the highlight.  It's close to downtown Boston by subway, close to the Kendall Sqare T-stop, if you only have time for 1 place, and it's only a few blocks from Lord Hobo and Meadhall, which have a broad selection of regional and national beers.  My favorite place is probably Redbones, a barbecue place with a great beer selection, just a few minutes from the Davis Square Redl Line stop.  In the Alston area, Deep Ellum is my favorite.

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 06:34:53 am »
Is the Sunset Grille still there?  Alston too, IIRC.  I remember a good tap selection.  First place I got to try beers from McNeil's in Vermont.

+1 CBC recommendation.  It seems to be the only surviving brewpub from the late '90s that I liked.  All the other ones tanked or were taken over by mediocrity.  But it's been a couple years, which is a lifetime in Boston.

If you are in Cambridge, go to Mary Chung's for Szechwan food.  Dim sum on weekends.  Suan La Chow Show is life changing.  It doesn't have anything to do with beer, but you'll be thirsty afterwards...
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 11:06:29 am »
If you are in Cambridge, go to Mary Chung's for Szechwan food.

Gordon, if I didn't already know which college you went to, that would have told me. :)

+1 on CBC (Will is a great brewer), the Bukowski locations are interesting as was The Publick House. I miss the B-Side lounge, but that only had a brief flickering existence.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison