Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing This Weekend - 6/24 Edition  (Read 4252 times)

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
Re: What's Brewing This Weekend - 6/24 Edition
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 05:41:28 pm »
Was hoping to fit in an all Galaxy hop AIPA but a plumbing project waiting at the lake cottage has taken precedence. Plus I want to stay for awhile, so... probably nothing next weekend either.  ;D  Gonna bottle off some fresh SSoS and a couple others in 1L swingtops to take for sustenance.
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 06:06:51 pm »
Got ~11 lbs of 2 row rolling around in the bottom of a bag plus 1 lb of malted rye thats been sitting on the shelf awhile.

Think I'll throw them together with whatever is the oldest pack of yeast I have and do a little house cleaning.
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 06:44:29 pm »
Got ~11 lbs of 2 row rolling around in the bottom of a bag plus 1 lb of malted rye thats been sitting on the shelf awhile.

Think I'll throw them together with whatever is the oldest pack of yeast I have and do a little house cleaning.

Ah nice, a cleanup beer.  I'm about due for one of those myself.

Nothing brewing this weekend for me though.  It's a brewfest weekend so I'll be doing "product research".
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline brontotex

• Cellarman
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 06:09:57 am »
Thunder Ale IPA and Roll In Ze Hay Hefeweizen.

Offline KLbrewer

• 1st Kit
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 07:45:55 am »
Big weekend, first all grain batch for me.  And while I can't prove it, I believe this will be the first all grain homebrew batch in the history of Malaysia...
The Dude abides

Offline andylovesburritos

• Cellarman
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 09:12:19 am »
cleaning the fridge out IPA, 5 different hop varieties.

Offline roxanne

• 1st Kit
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 05:44:56 pm »
Rob's brewing a Kolsch tomorrow (while I'm at work  :'(), and on Saturday, we're brewing a 30 minute Pale Ale at a brewout nearby.  The Pale Ale is a starter for next week's brew.
Without the light, it is the brightest.

Roxanne Westendorf
Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati
www.bloatarian.com

Offline fritzeye

• 1st Kit
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 10:37:32 am »
A 7% IPA with a butt load of Amarillo and Summit at the end of the boil for beer jornalist, Josh Bernstein's upcoming wedding.
Beer makes you smart, drinking is art!

Offline dak0415

• Brewmaster
  • Winston-Salem, NC
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 11:24:29 am »
SWIMBO is out of town this weekend so - its 10 gal of Northern English Brown and 10 gal of ESB on Saturday, then an easy 10 gal of Oktoberfest on Sunday. I have'nt brewed since April, I hope I remember how. ;)
Dave Koenig
Anything worth doing - is worth overdoing!

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 06:29:38 pm »
Yook the day off to finish up a bathroom remodel, made a small batch of hefeweizen in between the plumbing and finish work.  Everything looks pretty good.  I'm going to rack a helles tomorrow or Sunday and brew another lager with the cake.  I also have a Waldo Lake Amber that should be finished this weekend, that would be another cake to use.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline scooter2374

• Cellarman
  • Highlands, NJ
    • Scotty's Homebrew blog
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 10:15:43 pm »
I might be brewing but im definitely bottling a brew and racking another into secondary

OK changed my mind, now I will be brewing this weekend. Going to make a variation of Old Monster barley wine from Palmer/Zainasheff and go from there. And I guess I can bottle and rack before attempting that beast
AHA member since '10

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011, 08:24:17 am »
OK changed my mind, now I will be brewing this weekend. Going to make a variation of Old Monster barley wine from Palmer/Zainasheff and go from there. And I guess I can bottle and rack before attempting that beast

Good choice, and a good recipe.  I did a variation of it and it was really tasty after a year and even better at two.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 09:36:00 am »
On Saturday I sparged and collected 12 gallons of wort from 23 pounds of grain.  A five hour boil reduce that to 6 gallons of 1.108 Burton Ale.  12 ounces of EKGs boild along with it the last 45 minutes, added at various intervals. The beer is fermenting merrily away at 58°F in my basement with WY1028 London.....so now you know you can ferment this yeast this low.

Once the primary starts to subside, I'll propably bring the bucket upstairs to finish it off at 70°, to ensure complete fermentation.  Then, it will be going into a very used 45 gallon bourbon barrel along with other club members' Burton ales for a year of aging.

We are debating the merits of adding some brett to the cask.