Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: AHA Action Alerts and other Government Affairs info  (Read 104037 times)

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
Re: AHA Action Alerts and other Government Affairs info
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2013, 09:44:16 pm »
Kansas residents, support homebrew rights bill HB 2223 to allow homebrew to be served at club meetings and competitions. See the action alert to learn how: http://bit.ly/11LWfRA

How do I find out what rep to contact?
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2013, 10:27:06 pm »
your legislative body should have a website where you can search for your local rep.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2013, 07:12:37 am »
Gary,

Does the AHA have a media roll out planned for when (someday) homebrewing is legalized in all 50 states? That would get the word out, and would be a satisfying "victory lap" for all involved.

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2013, 08:15:51 am »
Kansas residents, support homebrew rights bill HB 2223 to allow homebrew to be served at club meetings and competitions. See the action alert to learn how: http://bit.ly/11LWfRA

How do I find out what rep to contact?

The bill must be passed by the House Committee on Federal and State Affairs before it can move on to the full House. For now, it is best to target the members of the committee.  See the URL above and you will find contact info for all of the committee members at the bottom of the page.

If it gets passed the committee, it will then move on to the full House, at which time you would want to contact your state representative.  You can find a link for identifying your state representative and senator on the Kansas legislature website: http://www.kslegislature.org/li/.
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2013, 08:18:25 am »
Gary,

Does the AHA have a media roll out planned for when (someday) homebrewing is legalized in all 50 states? That would get the word out, and would be a satisfying "victory lap" for all involved.

Absolutely!  We will be distributing a press release far and wide.  Given the coverage, both local and nation-wide, that we are already getting without much media outreach, I think we will see substantial coverage when we can finally say that homebrewing is legal in all 50 states.
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2013, 08:42:25 am »
Gary,

Absolutely!  We will be distributing a press release far and wide.  Given the coverage, both local and nation-wide, that we are already getting without much media outreach, I think we will see substantial coverage when we can finally say that homebrewing is legal in all 50 states.

Would be cool to see your interview on TV.  ;)
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2013, 12:13:21 pm »
Alabama homebrew legalization bills HB9 & SB171 both passed committee hearings, yesterday and today, respectively. Next up is votes before the full House & Senate.  We are now way ahead of where we were this time last year in getting homebrew bills passed.

Mississippi homebrew legalization bill SB2138 passed the Senate earlier and should be getting a House committee assignment shortly. 
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2013, 12:03:04 pm »
Alabama residents, support homebrew legalization bills. With HB9 and SB171 both clearing committee votes last week, these bills could now come up for a full vote before their respective chambers with very short notice. Now is the time for Alabama residents to contact the state Representative and Senator for their district and ask them to support HB9 and SB171, respectively. See the action alert at ow.ly/i26PU.

Non-Alabama residents should not contact Alabama legislators, as contacts from out side the state could actually jeopardize passage of the bills.
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2013, 10:25:53 am »
Mississippi homebrew legalization bill SB 2183 was passed by the House Ways and Means committee this morning. Next it will go to the full House for a vote. If passed by the House, it then goes on to the Governor to sign into law. We're getting close!
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2013, 06:06:39 pm »
Mississippi residents support homebrew legalization bill SB2183. Contact your state House Reps now! This bill could be called up for a vote before the full House at any time. This is the last step before the bill goes to the Governor. See the action alert at http://bit.ly/YBqi7i.
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline Beertracker

• Brewer
  • ExperiFermenting since 1994!
    • Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2013, 07:05:59 am »
I'm NOT sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm having significant trouble trying to login to vote for the AHA Governing Committee. It locked me out after only two attempts at logging in with this message "Error: We could not create your new user account. Have an Account? Please login in order to access this content." Isn't it the same log in info. used to access these forums? Any suggestions? I would like to vote!  >:(
CHEERS! Jeff
"A homebrewed beer is truly a superior beer." ~ "Buffalo" Bill Owens - American Brewer

Jeffrey Swearengin
Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
Tulsa, OK USA

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2013, 07:13:47 am »
I'm NOT sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm having significant trouble trying to login to vote for the AHA Governing Committee. It locked me out after only two attempts at logging in with this message "Error: We could not create your new user account. Have an Account? Please login in order to access this content." Isn't it the same log in info. used to access these forums? Any suggestions? I would like to vote!  >:(
This belongs in Questions about . . .
The forum is open to anyone, the AHA member pages (and GC voting) are restricted to AHA members only, so these are two separate accounts.  Use the forgot link (keep your AHA number handy) and see if that gets you in. 

Who to vote for?  That's your choice, but I do have my opinion ;-)   

Fred
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2013, 07:54:02 am »
Mississippi homebrew bill SB 2183 will likely come up for a vote before the House this morning, shortly after the House convenes at 10 am local time.  If passed, the bill goes on to the Governor. 

We are so close to getting this done!

Hi Jeff, when you originally created your account, you would have had the same username and password for both HomebrewersAssociation.org and the AHA Forum.  However, if you later changed your username or password on the Forum, those changes would not be reflected on HomebrewersAssociation.org.  If following the login prompts on HomebrewersAssociation.org does not get you through, contact our Member Services department at info@brewersassociation.org or 888-822-6273.  They can guide you through the process.

Thank you for voting!  I highly encourage every AHA member to vote.  The Governing Committee members have tremendous influence over your association, more so now than ever in the past. 
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2013, 08:05:05 am »

Besides their bios on the AHA site, The Brewing Network will be doing interviews with all the candidates in the month of March.  In the past, they've done them at the beginning of the Sunday Session, so you don't have to wait until the end of the program.  Check out their webite, http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com for the show schedule (sometimes their Sunday Session is on Monday).

Fred...when are you going to be on?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:08:44 am by theDarkSide »
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2013, 08:08:08 am »

Besides their bios on the AHA site, The Brewing Network will be doing interviews with all the candidates in the month of March.  In the past, they've done them at the beginning of the Sunday Session, so you don't have to wait until the end of the program.  Check out their webite, http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com for the show schedule.

Fred...when are you going to be on?
9:50pm EST on Monday March 18.
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)