Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Paris Beer Shop: Cave à Bulles  (Read 1974 times)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
Paris Beer Shop: Cave à Bulles
« on: June 28, 2011, 03:41:51 am »
Haven't posted about this yet I don't think, and it's a shame not to have this info out there for those who are coming to visit our fair city (drop me a PM, we'll share a homebrew). Simon at Cave à Bulles is probably the expert in European beer. From historical breweries that have been closed for 50 years to the newest brewery in Bruxelles, he pretty much knows it all, and is happy to share his experience to help you find the perfect beer based on your tastes.

The shop is located at 45 rue Quincampoix in the 4th arrondisment of Paris, near a bunch of great restaurants, shops and museums. He's Tuesday - Saturday between 10:00->14:00 and then 16:00->20:00.

And yes, he speaks English! Also Italian. And French.

Here's a very, very small sample of his selection:

Saisons

seasonal styles

barrel-aged goodness

more barrel-aged stuff

Some of the Cantillon available

And finally, some advertising from Brew Dog which I thought was hilarious.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
Re: Paris Beer Shop: Cave à Bulles
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 06:41:51 am »

Damn, I passed on a bottle of  Cuvée Des Jonquilles not knowing anything about the beer, seems its highly rated. :(

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
Re: Paris Beer Shop: Cave à Bulles
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 02:33:46 pm »
mouth-watering selection of cantillon...

when my wife were there for 6 weeks in 09, I was a very new brewer, we weren't aware of the fact that nearly everyone closes shop for vacation in july, and only found a couple bottle shops that were promising, only to find out they were closed.  I think the ones we went to check out were in the 11th.