Offline HoosierBrew

• Brewmaster General
  • Indianapolis,IN
    • View Profile
Re: NHC
« Reply #255 on: April 15, 2014, 03:59:33 PM »
Nice glasd

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well now I have to get the twin out. I like the bear better. He looks like he'd mess you up while the lion is yelling for mommy.

Sucks about your beers. Getting good feedback at least feels constructive, not getting it not as constructive. I've been there. BTW, I'd pick the bear too - he looks like he's ready to go.
Jon H.

Offline Steve in TX

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 15, 2014, 04:59:01 PM »
Let me clarify one thing. I am disappointed with the quality of the score sheets I received, and not with nhc or the site organizers. The pace of the hobby is outpacing incoming judges, which is bad for news for those that enter comps for feedback, any feedback. I feel at $14 a pop, comments detailing how the judge came to their score is expected.

Offline klickitat jim

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 15, 2014, 06:08:43 PM »
Some of my score sheets are going to suck. I was new, and rushed at times, but it did improve. Luckily I was always with a good judge so at least one sheet will be ok. Maybe... I agree there is a judge shortage, or too many entries. Not sure maybe both.

Offline irwinben

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2014, 06:41:16 PM »
Could someone please explain how early results were posted on the www.homebrewcompetition website?  Furthermore, what could possibly change between the day of scoring and "sanctioning" of the results? 

Unfortunately, I (unofficially) showed up on a list as placing in KC, only to find out the sanctioned list did not include my entry.  The list certainly seemed legit, including name, club and entry category.  I am feeling doubly unlucky this year after two beers in the 40's failed to advance, followed by the "sanctioning" snafu.

Offline udubdawg

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 15, 2014, 08:00:23 PM »
(he saw the explanation, and in retrospect I should have sent it as a PM, so I'll delete that part.  Guy makes great beer obviously.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:29:58 PM by udubdawg »

Offline irwinben

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 15, 2014, 08:16:44 PM »
Thanks for the explanation.  As mentioned, I was just curious how results were purportedly posted on the site, and then changed.  I will take my medicine... (And drink the rest of the brews I re-brewed last weekend).  It seemed very odd that details down to the club level were posted somewhere, and then found to be in error.

I am not throwing stones.  Only expressing my disappointment.  Thank you for the explanation and even moreso for spending your free time helping me and others with our hobby.