Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Once n a while something comes along that ....  (Read 5790 times)

ccarlson

Re: Once n a while something comes along that ....
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 07:17:02 am »
I just find it very funny.

So it would be funny if you your family got hurt or killed because of that kinda driving? Real funny man...

I'm not for a second condoning what the driver does. I'm laughing at the pointless reaction. Are you saying that  because I don't swear at bad drivers I'm putting my family at risk.

"to whoever drives like this I say..." does not mean I actually say this, out loud, every time I see this happen. It's just a turn of phrase and should not be taken literally.
 ::)

The only real recourse I have for something like this is to do what I do already, which is have my wife try to take down the plates and rider description and direction, and call the cops.

Now that makes complete sense. It's the one time when having a cell phone in the car helps.

narvin

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 07:18:52 am »

So it would be funny if you your family got hurt or killed because of that kinda driving? Real funny man...

I'm not for a second condoning what the driver does. I'm laughing at the pointless reaction. Are you saying that  because I don't swear at bad drivers I'm putting my family at risk.

No one is saying that, unless you are twisting words.  You are, however, laughing at Phil after making an equally pointless jab at his parenting.

Can you not be a d!#$ for once?

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 07:19:20 am »

I'm not for a second condoning what the driver does. I'm laughing at the pointless reaction. Are you saying that  because I don't swear at bad drivers I'm putting my family at risk.

"to whoever drives like this I say..." does not mean I actually say this, out loud, every time I see this happen. It's just a turn of phrase and should not be taken literally.

The only real recourse I have for something like this is to do what I do already, which is have my wife try to take down the plates and rider description and direction, and call the cops.

Now that makes complete sense. It's the one time when having a cell phone in the car helps.

Important to note also that I'm not the one making the call  ;)
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 07:23:12 am »

Important to note also that I'm not the one making the call  ;)

Damn drivers talking on cell phones, Off With Their Heads's :D

ccarlson

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 07:23:32 am »

Important to note also that I'm not the one making the call  ;)

Good for you, seriously. :D

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 07:26:01 am »
And now to make sure we're all still friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOlznuyPOeM&feature=youtu.be
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 07:44:00 am »
"No he can't , all he is doing is rolling on the gas & weaving thur traffic, sorry but thats not "skill" "

True enough. I guess I meant he can ride the way he does and still be alive while not having killed anyone else. Seems like I read that he is in(or went to) jail though...
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 08:50:30 am »
"No he can't , all he is doing is rolling on the gas & weaving thur traffic, sorry but thats not "skill" "

True enough. I guess I meant he can ride the way he does and still be alive while not having killed anyone else. Seems like I read that he is in(or went to) jail though...

From what I know about Sweden, that would not surprise me.
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 09:13:32 am »
Good, now both y'all (ccarson and phil) shut up!  Don't get all "baby on board".  You're still assuming the risks of the road by driving with your child in the car just like everyone else is.  I hate that high horse that people should treat you extra special because you have a child in the car.  NO!  Driving is a dangerous activity.  Accept it!  40,000 people die in car accidents a year, alone, in the US.  And ccarslon...come on dude, chill the f*ck out, man.  Not everyone is uber conservative and believes the earth is 6,000 years old.  Come to reality, dude.  And......lock.
Jesse

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 09:30:55 am »
Wow!  It went from laughing about "satanic vacuum cleaners" to a nasty exchange about dangerous driving. 

I'm glad we've all learned to relax, not worry and have a home brew.  We all need to vent now and then, I hope you guys feel better but it really doesn't help you or the rest of us in the long run.

Everyone have a safe week, if you're in the US try to stay cool.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

ccarlson

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 09:42:00 am »
Why is it that people jump in on a good, civil, discussion and try and turn it into anger? I've always wondered if these are the same people that yell "jump" to potential suicide jumpers. 

Hey Phil, I think we should go have a beer. :D

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 09:54:10 am »
Yeah, whatever.

I still think Volvo police cars are funny as hell.  It's like 21st century Keystone Kops.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 09:59:36 am »
I think this has gotten far enough off track....
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell