Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Freezer condensation  (Read 4875 times)

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
Re: Freezer condensation
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 10:44:18 am »
In all the reading I have done the main purpose of the fan was to balance the temp from bottom to top. 

It would probably make the moisture removal product of your choice work a little better but the big win would be the freezer running a little less.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 10:58:51 am »
No firsthand experience, but I would think that in hot and humid climates (like Florida) the vapor pressure would defeat anything accomplished by a measly computer fan and the hole made to accomodate it.
I don't think the object is to cut a hole for the fan, just to circulate the air inside like Ron mentioned.  I know that my kegs are packed in pretty tight in both of my keezers, so circulating the air will help move any moisture around to where the damprid is, plus level out the temperatures.  I might have to add one, but it's not a problem really so ...

You took the words right out of my mouth.  :)
Ron Price

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 11:00:43 am »
In all the reading I have done the main purpose of the fan was to balance the temp from bottom to top. 

It would probably make the moisture removal product of your choice work a little better but the big win would be the freezer running a little less.

Paul

I agree that temp regulation is important and a fan with help maintain a more uniform temp within the freezer cavity.
Ron Price

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 11:03:21 am »
I see what you mean by using a fan to improve air circulation within the keezer and direct the condensation to the damprid. 
Still important to keep it airtight, so "no hole" in the keezer is still the best way to go.

Agreed...keeping the freezer airtight will also help reduce even more condensation from the outside air as well.
Ron Price