Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Duty Calls  (Read 2709 times)

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
Re: Duty Calls
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 10:01:31 am »
Was just trying to point out that you guys were heading down the wrong path.  I'm glad you've (apparently) gotten over your differences, for now.  And I'm sorry to have caused extra grief.  I want to see people getting along, I just don't like when people wear their beliefs on their sleeves, even though I do sometimes.  It's something I don't particularly like about myself.
Jesse

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 10:24:46 am »
I hear ya Beersk. One of the great things about our community is that it's filled with creative and smart people. Those types of people tend to be much more accepting of other peoples' thoughts. However, I for one am of the opinion that if someone says something I disagree with, I say something. I try to keep things logical, well thought out, etc, but sometimes it doesn't work.

I used to really not like ccarlson, for example but now I've learned to tolerate him  ;)

In all seriousness, I started this thread, not because I wanted to continue arguments or whatnot, but as a sort of self-reminder that we're all friends here. I never want my posts to turn into cursing/spitting matches because it's not constructive, but another side of creative people is that they can get carried away. I mean, how else do you think a pound of hops gets into 5 gallons of beer?

;D

Cheers.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 11:06:26 am »
Well said, my friend.  And I agree with you.  I voice my opinion when someone says something I disagree with, also.  And I also try to keep it calm and reasonable, but sometimes it just crosses that line.  Sometimes, it's not enough to make jokes about it, you have to kick over some tables first.
Jesse