Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Showering with Gordon  (Read 1612 times)

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
Showering with Gordon
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:17:00 pm »
I have this bad habit of reading on the john and then setting my book on the edge of the tub and forgetting about it.  Apparently it fell in and when my son turned on the water to have his shower, it had slid into the tub.  Now, my Brewing Better Beer (the same one I lost and then found) is now a lot thicker and the pages are quite a bit curlier than they used to be. 

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Showering with Gordon
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 03:30:42 pm »
I have a copy of NCJOHB that looks like that.  When it gets hot, we take lawn chairs down to the river and put them in the water.  After a few beers, I dozed off and the next thing I knew the book was floating downstream.  I rescued it, but it's had that look ever since.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 03:42:02 pm »
You could title that thread "Sleeping with Charlie"...

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 04:03:27 pm »
You could title that thread "Sleeping with Charlie"...

:o
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 04:07:30 pm »
My copy of How to Brew looks like that too.  I got it at the conference in Orlando and stuck it in my luggage.  I saw my bag sitting on the tarmac right on top of an uncovered cart of bags in Atlanta for the duration of a torrential downpour.  :-\
Tom Schmidlin

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 04:24:29 pm »
Several years ago I saw a scuba diver reading a paper back book about 15 feet under water while he was doing an extended safety stop after a cave dive.  I talked to him later and he told me that the book is useless until the next dive, but then it's just fine if you can remember your place in the story. 
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

narvin

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 07:20:00 pm »
I have this bad habit of reading on the john

So, just to be clear, showering isn't the only thing you were doing with Gordon...

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 08:39:56 am »
My copy of Radical Brewing is in the downstairs bathroom. One night, it rained buckets, and the window wasn't closed properly and swung open. The book got partially soaked, as did my copy of Alan Coren's hillarious "Chocolate and Cuckoo Clocks."
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!