Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: No Pants Brewing  (Read 6681 times)

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: No Pants Brewing
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 12:07:23 pm »
I brew the way I cook. Never the same recipe the same way twice.

+1 to that.  I don't worry that I might not be able to exactly replicate a great beer because there are so many great beers out there.

One other thing that allows me to brew no pants, is making small batches.  Since I brew at least weekly, if a batch comes out really rank (not often but it happens) then I don't worry about dumping it.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 01:01:08 pm »
My brewing is more infrequent.  Whenever the opportunity presents itself.  I'm brewing twice in three days this weekend but it might be another month before I find a brew day again.  So I try to plan my brews out in as much detail as possible and stick to the plan as much as I can.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 06:44:08 pm »
I tend to brew infrequently and I've found that even the commercial brewreis have difficulty brewing beers to taste the exaoct same.  I really love Founders brewing but even their beers have some variaitoion.... I'm brinking their beer now.  (and its killer bere but still I can tell differanace from sixer to sixreor).   :D

Anyway, what was ther question?   :D  I try to brew wihat I like, but sometimesw I seem to try to berw what othter people want and sometimees it works ana sometuimes it dont'.  I love making beer.   ;D

I need a recipe to make notn alcoholeoc or low alcohgolic beer for a family member.  Sruprise, suprises eh?!   :D  Amnyway, sericously if anybody has one I"d appreciate there recippe. 

Offline Dbbrewing

• Cellarman
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 10:08:31 pm »
I plan my brew day and print out my recipe from beersmith and stick to it and keep notes if I don't hit a temp or something else changes.

Offline bigfatjoey

• Cellarman
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 10:30:47 pm »
I usually have my pans on while brewing...
Ol' Edge Brew  -  Brewed and Enjoyed with Friends

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 03:17:23 pm »
I usually have my pans on while brewing...

Me too.
Once boiling wort splashed at me (about 1/2 quart).
I was way happy to wear paints.
I got lucky and I did not get burned.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline brewmasternpb

• Brewer
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 07:22:05 pm »
 ;D  That's funny, I've been calling my homebrewery the "No Pants" Brewery for 8+ years!  I thought someone named a thread after me  ;)
In response though, I want to take part in anything brewing related in that between-brewing-session duldrum, and that's when I plan the next session.
Dave Malone
The Greater Denver Yeast Infection

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 08:14:25 pm »
I can't. I'm half german and quarter bohemian, my father is an engineer, my grandfather was an engineer, my great grandfather was an engineer - it just isn't in my nature to not be exact and precise. I did a group/club brew with a spontaneous brewer once and it drove me insane.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 10:30:46 am »
I can't. I'm half german and quarter bohemian, my father is an engineer, my grandfather was an engineer, my great grandfather was an engineer - it just isn't in my nature to not be exact and precise. I did a group/club brew with a spontaneous brewer once and it drove me insane.

I'm Swiss, German, and Danish,  I plan and usually try to stick to it, unless there was an inventory mistake and I have to change hops or something or if I'm an ounce or two off of base malts, but I don't worry about much about it.  I drive bluesman crazy when we brew together, because he really does get down to the details and I don't care as much. ;D  I used to be that way, but I got older, and less concerned. 8)
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 10:48:42 am »
Well, I'm German and Irish, or Irish and German... depends which one dominates the day I brew I guess.   ???   :D   I like it when I don't over-think it and just do it for the most part though.  I let the German in me do the tasting and complaining, the Irish in me prefers to enjoy.   ;D

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 12:05:52 pm »
I thought "no pants" brewing referred to drinking heavily while you brewed?  Hence the cliche that when people get drunk they start removing clothing...
Jesse

Offline Beertracker

• Brewer
  • ExperiFermenting since 1994!
    • Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 12:24:00 pm »
How about flying by the seat of your pants brewing? Frightenly, I know some pilots who really do that.  :D
CHEERS! Jeff
"A homebrewed beer is truly a superior beer." ~ "Buffalo" Bill Owens - American Brewer

Jeffrey Swearengin
Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
Tulsa, OK USA