Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Coopers Carb Drops approximate volume  (Read 1886 times)

Offline chuckd76

• 1st Kit
  • Chesterland, Ohio
    • Welcome to Collinwood!
Coopers Carb Drops approximate volume
« on: July 14, 2011, 04:46:27 pm »
Hey all,
   I've been lurking for a while and finally had a question to ask that I can't find the answer to. I'm a relative n00b (7 or 8 batches since last Thanksgiving) and have used batch priming and bottle priming just about equally. The last batch I brewed (a robust porter) I decided to try out the Cooper's Carb Drops. Mainly due to a small case of laziness. I've read tons of posts about experiences, good and bad, and I get it. Everyone's different. My question concerns the actual volume of CO2 in a beer that is carbed with the drops. Does anyone know the actual amount of fermentables in one of the drops so that the volume can be calculated? Or, is there anyone out there in the magical land of brew that knows the answer off the top of their head? I giddily anticipate any answers...

Offline dzlater

• Brewmaster
  • Dan S. New Jersey
Re: Coopers Carb Drops approximate volume
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 10:32:26 am »
Couldn't you just weigh them?
Dan S. from NJ

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 10:43:17 am »
Couldn't you just weigh them?

But how do you know that they contain 100% fermentables?  Only one of several reasons I avoid them.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline alikocho

• Brewmaster
  • Bristol, UK
    • A Storm Brewing
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 01:28:56 am »
They are supposedly designed to give you approximately 2-2.5 volumes of CO2 in a 12 oz bottle when conditioned at room temperature.
Bristol Brewing Circle (BBC)
Bristol Craft Brewers

UK National Homebrew Competition - http://www.bristolhomebrewcompetition.org.uk/

Offline chuckd76

• 1st Kit
  • Chesterland, Ohio
    • Welcome to Collinwood!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 07:56:10 pm »
They are supposedly designed to give you approximately 2-2.5 volumes of CO2 in a 12 oz bottle when conditioned at room temperature.

Good to know. Thanks a bajillion!