Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: This is torture.....  (Read 2640 times)

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
This is torture.....
« on: July 21, 2011, 09:17:52 pm »
Next week we leave for Pennsic 40...... bringing the beer cart and 12 kegs.... Meanwhile, back at the farm, the kegs in the keggerator are almost done.....I'm nursing 12 kegs in the cellar and I HAVE NOTHING TO DRINK FOR A WEEK.....well, I can always go to Shangies and get a case of Duvel..... but I mean... I am a HOME BREWER.....

Next year, 8 more kegs.....that'll make .....21 oh my...... :o :o :o
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
Re: This is torture.....
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 10:23:40 pm »
um yea, torture.

I guess yer ma never told you about the thirsty kids in china?

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 10:50:19 pm »
Who are forced to build kegs.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 11:44:48 pm »
Well do a quick brew and keg before you leave and serve it instead last at Pennsic. Tap one and drink it now. Do it.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 05:07:31 am »
Well do a quick brew and keg before you leave and serve it instead last at Pennsic. Tap one and drink it now. Do it.

Thought about it...kegging the last 4 tomorrow, I could do a quick brew, although it is 95º in the brew house, and it would be "conditioning" at, oh 80-95º...."Heatwave IPA".. :o..Unless I give it a spot in the fermenteezers.... yes....this crazy dude is going camping with two freezers, temp controllers and a generator...... ;D One for ice, as it is $7/22 pound bag at the camp store and $3 a bag in town..... the other to keep as much as possible of the beer at 45º.

Yes, there will be pictures.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 05:13:19 am by oscarvan »

Offline jhwk

• Cellarman
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 09:26:39 am »
100 gallons per year on the wall - 200 if your married  8)
Life Member - Yeah, and I am still waiting on that $600 t-shirt...

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 09:35:13 am »

Thought about it...kegging the last 4 tomorrow, I could do a quick brew, although it is 95º in the brew house, and it would be "conditioning" at, oh 80-95º...."Heatwave IPA".. :o..Unless I give it a spot in the fermenteezers.... yes....this crazy dude is going camping with two freezers, temp controllers and a generator...... ;D One for ice, as it is $7/22 pound bag at the camp store and $3 a bag in town..... the other to keep as much as possible of the beer at 45º.

Got to ask....how much will you spend in gasoline to power the generator for the ice freezer (not counting the aggravation cost of logistics) to keep from buying ice?
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 10:54:58 am »

Got to ask....how much will you spend in gasoline to power the generator for the ice freezer (not counting the aggravation cost of logistics) to keep from buying ice?

That generator is running anyways, during the day.  AC in the camper, battery charging for lights at night, including fake kerosine pots. Actually, there are two generators, a Honda 2000 eu, and a Honda 2000eu companion. Tied together, with a 5 gallon tank feeding both. They have rpm control based on demand. The freezers are not just coming for ice, one is. The other will keep 5 kegs at 45º for serving in camp, or t be ready to go into the beer cart for a "Mobile Malt Mission."

Today one of the wardens in the beer prison came into the cell, pointed at a keg of Belgian Pale Ale and said......"YOU, get over here....." And then there were 11. It's too damn hot to brew out there.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:57:56 am by oscarvan »

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 11:04:32 am »

Doesn't all that noise sorta negate any benefit of being in a campground?
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 11:18:32 am »
Actually the Hondas are very quiet, 56dB at idle.....

99% of the people at this event are in tents. My lovely bride does not "do" tent. And that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. The RV lot is small, and mostly occupied by traveling merchants, a few people that need AC for medical reasons, and a few like ourselves that just like it better that way. We are surrounded by massive parking lots and the noise bothers no one. We spend most of our time "down town" in the tent city.