Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Where to Buy Sacks of Base Malt in the Bay Area, CA?  (Read 1335 times)

Offline skyler

• Brewmaster
  • Hmm. Human music. I like it.
Where to Buy Sacks of Base Malt in the Bay Area, CA?
« on: July 23, 2011, 12:43:52 pm »
I recently moved back to the east bay area, and while I live right near a great homebrew store, they charge way more than I am used to paying for full sacks of base malt. I can drive a ways and go to morebeer in Concord, and they sell domestic base malt pretty cheap, but I was hoping to find a true brewers' supply like I used to have when I lived in the Sacramento area - somewhere I could reliably buy sacks of various base malts from on the cheap... does anyone know of a good place to buy base malt in the bay area? I would be willing to travel as far Southwest as Fremont, as far Northwest as SF, as far Northeast as Concord, and as far Southeast as Livermore

Offline timberati

• Assistant Brewer
  • Norm
    • Batch-22
Re: Where to Buy Sacks of Base Malt in the Bay Area, CA?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 02:03:33 pm »
I like MoreBeer in Concord (995 Detroit Ave). 'Course that may be the LHBS that you're referring to.
Cervesariis Feliciter
Batch-22 http://52beers.wordpress.com/
Twitter: timberati

Offline skyler

• Brewmaster
  • Hmm. Human music. I like it.
Re: Where to Buy Sacks of Base Malt in the Bay Area, CA?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 04:57:40 pm »
Morebeer is a bit of an inconvenient drive for me (I live in Berkeley, near the Albany border). And while Morebeer has great prices on domestic 2-row and pale ale malt, they charge a lot more for imported malts than I am used to paying.