Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing This Weekend - 7/22 Edition  (Read 4547 times)

Offline ckpash88

• Brewer
Re: What's Brewing This Weekend - 7/22 Edition
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 12:24:45 pm »
I have a cream ale that I brewing. It's my second all grain so lets see how this goes. My first batch of beer I made was extract cream ale now I am doing the same kit allgrain going back to my humble beginnings.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the Universe

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 11:12:35 am »
Saturday is our inaugural "Delaware State Fair - Battle of the Brews Homebrew Competition". I am the judge coordinator. We have some 200+ beers to judge. It's going to be a hot one...and one not to miss. Come One ...Come all !

No brewing this weekend. The Quad is happily fermenting and smelling magnificant.

I will be helping with the judging there as well.  First competition.  100+ degrees.  In a tent.  Should be fun. :o  I hope to finish building my lagerator on Sunday to be ready for this years Oktoberfest fermentation next weekend.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline richardt

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 11:56:00 am »
Saturday is our inaugural "Delaware State Fair - Battle of the Brews Homebrew Competition". I am the judge coordinator. We have some 200+ beers to judge. It's going to be a hot one...and one not to miss. Come One ...Come all !

No brewing this weekend. The Quad is happily fermenting and smelling magnificant.

I will be helping with the judging there as well.  First competition.  100+ degrees.  In a tent.  Should be fun. :o  I hope to finish building my lagerator on Sunday to be ready for this years Oktoberfest fermentation next weekend.
I noticed during the recent MLB All-Star game that the Diamondback stadium had a pool party area...
...Might be nice if your tent had a wading pool area, especially given the temps.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 02:37:47 pm »
Just chilling down my tripel.  I tried a taste of the Simplicity syrup and found it had kind of honey notes to it.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 02:47:21 pm »
I'm likely brewing a lager of some sort when I rack an Ofest off its yeast cake.  Then I need to make another best bitter too, almost out.  Will also be bottling a few gallons from my 11gal wild beer barrel/solera and replacing it with some dubbel I brewed for the purpose.

I judged a contest in a venue that was quite warm a month ago, and it was no surprise that some lighter styles won the day.

Denny I have some syrup that tastes like honey too, its called honey!
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 03:12:16 pm »
I'm bottling an RIS this weekend - batch #100  :D - and brewing a dubbel on Tuesday.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 04:28:45 pm »
Yesterday I made a first attempt at a wit.  Not perfect but it's something to build on.  Today I threw together a last minute wheat beer (5 lbs 2-row, 5 lbs wheat, 1/2 lb Munich with 1 oz of Perle @ 60 and 1/2 oz of Hallertau at 15 and 1/2 oz at flameout.  WLP001 left over from another brew.  Just made it since I had the yeast.  Could be great, could be crap.

Offline rightasrain

• Cellarman
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 04:57:53 pm »
Birthday Brew.  Pale Ale.

Happy Birthday whenever that may be! I'm going to be brewing a sierra pale ale clone.
"Rogues are willing to shun titles and personal financial success in the  pursuit of the greater good.
Rogues pursue the long shot.
Rogues have respect for diversity.
Rogues work hard.
Rogues are driven to succeed in their chosen field.
Rogues are honest with themselves and others.
Rogues are rebels."
- www.rogue.com

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 01:19:48 pm »
Just wrapped up a 9 hour double brew day.  Mostly.  I still have to pitch the yeast but I'm done outside at least.  It's 106F out there. 

Both brews went off mostly without a hitch though.  Another ESB and a Strong Golden ale I used amarillo in for the first time.  That one smelled pretty good.

Time for some cold beer.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2011, 03:26:08 pm »
Actually taking a weekend away from brewing/bottling.  After preparing 8 beers for our party plus any other beers we have brewed along the way it is time to take a short break.  The next beers to be made are an Octoberfest and an IPA.

Cheers

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 03:38:16 pm »
Hey a cold front passed thur  :lol:
92.8 °F
Feels Like 108 °F

< edit >
 93.5 °F
Feels Like 110 °F
somebody close the door

The tunes are blasting away...

Brewing a betty lite >> half of the Big Betty(grains) and hops divided by 3 = Betty Lite  ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:16:36 am by uthristy »

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2011, 10:00:28 pm »
Brewed up a bock to put on my lager yeast cake, its chilling down tonight and I'll bottle the Ofest and pitch the yeast tomorrow.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline fritzeye

• 1st Kit
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 09:56:18 am »
We are getting a break in the heat here in Brooklyn, NY so I will be brewing Sumday mornig before sun up as I am am an indoor brewer, shold be at flameout around 9:30-10:00. It will be a clone  of Surly Cynic, but thining of using WLP 530.

BTW, going to tap Mr. Beechums Gumball Head Clone this weekend. It is the 4th time I have brewed it, totally stoked for this.
Beer makes you smart, drinking is art!

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 10:38:50 am »
Glad to hear you enjoy the Gumball Head Thoughts! I will admit though, it's not an outright clone. It's like someone took a zoomed in photo that makes the subject appear bigger than normal. :)
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline michaels

• 1st Kit
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2011, 11:55:21 am »
Tomorrow I will brew 165 gal of Bohemian Dark Lager.

Lets see... With my 5 gallon max brewing capacity, thats 33 seperate boils and a neeed for at least 33 carboys (66 if going with secondary).  You the MAN! ;D

I hope it went well.

I'm brewing a huge five gallon batch each of an ESB and a black IPA (my wife likes this one so I have to keep it in the available selections so she won;t complain about all of the money I've been spending getting set up).