General Category > Ingredients

American 2-Row vs. British Pale

(1/10) > >>

Pawtucket Patriot:
Are they different enough to justify buying both in bulk?  I bought a 55 lb bag of each last year and need to make another bulk grain purchase because my supplies are running low.  Historically, I have brewed my American beers with the 2-row as a base malt and my British beers with the Pale.  I'm not sure if there is enough of an appreciable difference to justify buying 55 lb bags of both.  Your insights/suggestions are appreciated!

bo_gator:
I personally buy CMC 2 row pale and TF Maris Otter, and could not imagine life without them both,but then again I also keep German and Belgian Pilsner malts too  ::)

k4df4l:

--- Quote from: Pawtucket Patriot on January 02, 2010, 11:09:51 AM --- I bought a 55 lb bag of each last year and need to make another bulk grain purchase because my supplies are running low.
--- End quote ---

Did you brew anything with close enough recipes between the two sacks that you could draw a conclusion? 

majorvices:
I love Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter - wouldn't do without it. That said, if you are not making English style beers US pale 2-row is all you need.

babalu87:
Definately worth getting at least both

Got a sack of Golden Promise the last group grain buy , they were out of Optic :(
I really liked the beers when Optic was the base malt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version