Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: just something fun  (Read 1678 times)

Offline dannyj621

• Cellarman
  • humble beginnings
just something fun
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:53:08 pm »
what was your favorite brew of '09.  Whatdo you feel is the most underated beer on the market right now.  Whats going to be in your fridge the most in 2010
when in rome we shall do as the romans.  When in hell we'll take shots at the bar

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
Re: just something fun
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 11:49:07 pm »
I made a red ale that was a great beer for a gathering I had. Went quick and I know it was
tasty!.

Underated beer.  Cold Hop by Boulder Brewing. Tasty but I have heard nothing from even some people that like the style.

IPAs I hope. the shortage kept me from brewing too many and I would like to make up for lost time.
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:29:22 am »
what was your favorite brew of '09. 

my favorite is usually my IPA, but in 2009 I really nailed down my Dortmunder recipe, so that takes the '09 MVB

Whatdo you feel is the most underated beer on the market right now. 

Either Smuttynose Robust Porter or Great Lakes Elliot Ness

Whats going to be in your fridge the most in 2010

Looking at my records, for the past 5 years, I've brewed at least >30gals of my house IPA, can't see that changing...
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline Beertracker

• Brewer
  • ExperiFermenting since 1994!
    • Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 01:03:35 pm »
My favorite homebrew was either my English Bitter or Southern English Brown (finally nailed both of them!);D

My favorite commercial beer was Dogfish Head PSM.  :-*

The most underated beer of the year was probably Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA?  :-\

The most overated beer of the year was definitely The Bruery's Black Orchard for me.  >:(

Less hoppy, lower alcohol session beers & lagers in the fridge all the way around!  :D

CHEERS! Jeff
"A homebrewed beer is truly a superior beer." ~ "Buffalo" Bill Owens - American Brewer

Jeffrey Swearengin
Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
Tulsa, OK USA