Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What is Your Favorite Time of Day?  (Read 3690 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
What is Your Favorite Time of Day?
« on: July 31, 2011, 12:28:14 am »
I've been trying to decide what my favorite time of day is.  I am a bit weird; I only sleep three or four hours a day, in one or two hour blocks.  Often in 10 minute "power naps."   I got the idea while tourng Thomas Edison's home in Ft. Myers, Florida.

Anyway, I see all times of day and night.  Each one has its own appeal.  I've been trying lately to decide if there is one part of the day that is my favorite.  Since I've been paying closer attention I've realized how much each part of the day has its own unique qualities.

This has been a great exercise as it has made me realize how every minute in life is a gift; a treasure to be enjoyed.

What is your favorite time of day?
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
Re: What is Your Favorite Time of Day?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 07:27:57 am »
Beer O'Clock of course  :D
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 07:59:25 am »
Mine is hands down morning.  I sleep at night and that is important to me.
16 years of night shifts accentuated that need.  The COOL temps,
the easy colorful light of the rising sun, The fresh Dew on the grass and the smell
of the sage from the prairie. The rainbow trout feeding on insects in a stream.
The pre rush-hour calm....yep those are some of the things I like in the mornin.
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

vorlaufthegreat

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 08:02:11 am »
I'd have to say about 1 A.M. till about 4 A.M. It's so peaceful to sit outside and have a beer at this time during the summer. I have always been a night owl.

vorlaufthegreat

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 08:05:27 am »
the easy colorful light of the rising sun, The fresh Dew on the grass and the smell
The pre rush-hour calm....yep those are some of the things I like in the mornin.

This has to be my least favorite time of day. I associate it with work or hangovers! Today's case the latter. However breakfast is quite enjoyable.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 08:31:01 am »
For me it's usually the time I get off from work. My favorite time of the week is Friday at "quitting time" which ultimately leads to "Happy Hour".  8)

Ron Price

ccarlson

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 01:23:55 pm »

The sun kisses the morning skies
The birds kiss the butterflies
The dew kisses the morning grass

;D

jaybeerman

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 08:46:28 pm »
I've always loved sunrise and I've long loved 1am to 4am, but I'm no longer allowed to be a night owl.  For about a year I slept, if at all, between 5am and noon, utilizing the quiet nighttime to "compose."  Now that I'm not doing that anymore I need to get back into the habit of getting up at 5:30am.  Low angled light paired with quiet is just a beautiful thing, mornings are really hard to beat.

Whenever I think of sleep or lack of, I'm reminded of the movie "cashback."  Great film, very funny.  cheers, j 

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 11:01:49 pm »
I'm going with the majority that have posted so far. Early morning the quiet of this time allows for conteplation and reflection to sooth the soul and it allows you to jam the heaviest rock you can handle and rock out. Very early moring allows the greatest freedom to the individual.

Have you ever sat with a beer around 3 AM and trying to understand the nuances. I don't live near any city so this can happen anytime. In the dark trying to understand the beer is like being in heaven. Analyize and then just enjoy that beer, gets no better.

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 02:53:40 am »
Morning, for sure. Waking up at 6 am and having a cup of coffee with my wife in bed (we keep a coffee maker on the nightstand) and waiting on the angélus bells (the Catholic version of Adhān) to ring at 7 am (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RDt565fYCE e.g. - not my church but similar sound).

But then again, as it's been a while since I've been able to see the stars, living in the country again has made me appreciate night time. Sitting outside late at night with a fire going (even in Summer... temps drop to 50 at night) and a blanket and good beer (or good port) is wonderful.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 08:46:32 am »
Sunrise is the best time of the day
Watching colors turn from gray
Start of a brand new day

Noontime is the best time of the day
Sun moving across the sky
Sun shining so very high

Sunset is the best time of the day
Watching colors as they change
No two days are ever the same

Midnight is the best time of the day
Colors are rich, black and deep
The day ends so I can sleep

The lyrics to the song Sunset from one of my former bands Milkcarton
Dan Chisholm

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 09:17:09 am »
All other things equal my favorite time of day is morning.  It's cooler, you have the whole day in front of you, generally more quiet.  Great to sit outside and enjoy some coffee.  Plus breakfast is my favorite meal.

However, my mornings are nothing like that right now with work, young kids, etc so I can't really say it's currently my favorite time of day.  My current favorite time of day is from say 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM once the kids are in bed and I have some time to wind down from the day.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 11:12:29 am »
They grow up really fast, and are gone before you know it.  Don't let the good days with a house full of kids get by without enjoying them.  Those days will just be memories soon.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline Kit B

• Brewmaster
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 11:39:58 am »
Sunsets, rocking my son to sleep...
Doesn't get much better than a sunset hug, a head on the shoulder & an Alison Krauss cd.

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 12:53:02 pm »
Beer O'Clock of course  :D
I'm always doing things half a$$ed so it's Beer-Thirty for me...  ;)

I like the Mornings on days I don't have to work. I enjoy all the amenities that go along with the birth of a new day, and savoring it with a great cup of coffee & breakfast.  On days I work it's definitely evenings. The sunsets & subsequent campfires (on cooler nights) and the sounds of the night (bugs, owls, etc...).  I'm seriously looking forward to the day when my week consists of 6 Saturdays and a Sunday. Then I'll enjoy both equally!  Cheers!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!