Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: A New Belgian IPA - Bitter Sweet Symphony - Bry 't Gaverhopke  (Read 1735 times)

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
A New Belgian IPA - Bitter Sweet Symphony - Bry 't Gaverhopke
« on: August 03, 2011, 11:41:21 am »
Theoman, you may want to seek this beer out ;)

"Bitter Sweet Symphony"
7.8 vol%
78 IBU
Interesting to mention is that this beer is an American - Belgian co-operation beer.
It is young American brewmaster Jean Brouillet (27) from Pennsylvania who has done some majour efforts to participate that wonderful American influenced recipe.
Together with Gaverhopke brewmaster Gudrun Vandoorn, a great tasting cross-pollinated new Belgian IPA is brewed.
This beer is nearly entirely exported to the US by 12 Percent Imports.
http://belgianbeerboard.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=642&Itemid=88888994

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
Re: A New Belgian IPA - Bitter Sweet Symphony - Bry 't Gaverhopke
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 06:41:46 am »
Interesting...

I've been wanting to check out that brewery, but I have yet to make it there. Unfortunately, it sounds like that's the only way I'm going to be able to try the IPA. Typical. The interesting Belgian beers are easier to find in the US than in Belgium.

Quick rant - I went and read the bit about the beer on the Belgian beer board. I get annoyed when I go there. They're pretty insulting to American beers and, like many Belgians, go on about their idea of balance. That pisses me off. What they consider to be balanced I usually consider to be too sweet. Flavor balance is too often subjective.

Thanks. I needed that.