Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How much beer is too much?  (Read 8351 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: How much beer is too much?
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 07:13:10 pm »
Legally - 100 gallons annually as an individual, 200 gallons as a household.

I always thought the 100/200 gallon mark were just what they recommended you shoot for. Not limits. I hate limits. They're so damn limiting!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 07:31:25 pm »
I lost count.  ::)

;D
Ron Price

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 07:34:44 pm »
Thanks guys, I knew it was US.  I'm not worried about a limit and I fully intend to take it out of my house.  I tried googling it for Canada before when the 100 gallon thing was first mentioned and couldn't find anything.  I'm gonna assume I can do 100L which translates to about 1000 gallons.  By the way, my math is terrible...

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 07:42:44 pm »
I'll let you know when I find out. Don't hold your breath...  ;)
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 08:10:54 pm »
Thanks guys, I knew it was US.  I'm not worried about a limit and I fully intend to take it out of my house.  I tried googling it for Canada before when the 100 gallon thing was first mentioned and couldn't find anything.  I'm gonna assume I can do 100L which translates to about 1000 gallons.  By the way, my math is terrible...

Maybe this will give you a place to start. http://www.brews-bros.com/index.php/topic/20589-new-brunswick-canada-liquor-laws/
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

narvin

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 10:05:23 pm »
Three pages?  The answer is simple -- if beer is sitting around going stale, you brewed too much.  Or need more friends.   ;)

Otherwise, brew on!

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2011, 02:32:39 am »
100/200 per year?!

Oops... I thought it was per month...   ::)
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2011, 02:52:13 am »
This is hilarious to me ;D

I just checked, and I've only brewed ~40 gallons so far this year.   But I've been busy, and I should pass 100 by the end of the year.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2011, 09:58:44 am »
I brew one gallon less than the federal law allows. 

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2011, 10:08:58 am »
I always thought the 100/200 gallon mark were just what they recommended you shoot for. Not limits. I hate limits. They're so damn limiting!

It's kinda like the "Pirate's Code" in Pirates of the Caribbean....it's more of a suggestion!   ;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline ynotbrusum

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2011, 09:18:42 am »
This caused me to check...hmmm 19 10 gallon batches.  I guess I will really have to decide what my last beer will be for the year....yeah, right.

;D
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2011, 09:02:32 am »
This caused me to check...hmmm 19 10 gallon batches.  I guess I will really have to decide what my last beer will be for the year....yeah, right.

;D
Damn dude, you drink that much?  Yeesh.  I've brewed 6 - 5 gallon batches this year, I'm out of beer, and I'm itching to brew again.  Been busy moving and adjusting to a new place.  Need a freezer now for temp control; already got the controller.  Almost there!  Stay on target!
Jesse

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2011, 09:35:37 am »
I have averaged between 20 to 30 five gallon batches per year for the past 10 years.

At least 10 of those go to various functions where they are consumed in one sitting.

Offline ynotbrusum

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2011, 12:27:06 pm »
This caused me to check...hmmm 19 10 gallon batches.  I guess I will really have to decide what my last beer will be for the year....yeah, right.

;D
Damn dude, you drink that much?  Yeesh.  I've brewed 6 - 5 gallon batches this year, I'm out of beer, and I'm itching to brew again.  Been busy moving and adjusting to a new place.  Need a freezer now for temp control; already got the controller.  Almost there!  Stay on target!

Hell no - I got friends.  Sometimes though a keg will only last a day with these guys - hey, it's only 2 cases!  With a dozen or so people, you only get about 4 beers each.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2011, 01:47:34 pm »
Good call.  I guess I don't have THAT many friends that come over and drink.  I only give my beer to a few close friends.  The other ones really don't care about beer.  More for me, I guess.  I'm even downsizing my batch sizes to 3 gallon batches so I can brew inside and brew more often.
Jesse