Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How much beer is too much?  (Read 8354 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Re: How much beer is too much?
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2011, 10:58:30 pm »
Good call.  I guess I don't have THAT many friends that come over and drink.  I only give my beer to a few close friends.  The other ones really don't care about beer.  More for me, I guess.  I'm even downsizing my batch sizes to 3 gallon batches so I can brew inside and brew more often.

You need to make friends with Weaze's friends!   ;)   :D
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline lazydog79

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2011, 11:24:05 am »
Good call.  I guess I don't have THAT many friends that come over and drink.  I only give my beer to a few close friends.  The other ones really don't care about beer.  More for me, I guess.  I'm even downsizing my batch sizes to 3 gallon batches so I can brew inside and brew more often.

Good call.  About the same here.  I brew between 5 and 7 times a year (5 gallon batches).  That's enough to usually keep me and guests in beer.  This year, I was shut-down from February-July due to adventures in real estate.  I actually ran out of beer  :o  With the new house, we might be entertaining more, so I might have to brew more.  Shucks  ::)

Offline jiggs26.2

• Cellarman
  • Black Hills, South Dakota
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 12:17:41 pm »
if you can read this you are probably not brewing enough ;D
Agreed! I am on 25 gallons finished so far and have 20 more in the works and would do more if it wasn't for the hot summers here in Sicily and me getting forced separated from the Navy. 
AHA Lifetime Member

Primary:
Secondary:
Bottle/Keg: Holiday Chocolate Stout, Nelson Sauvin IPA, Brew Dog Punk IPA Clone, Apricot Pale Ale, Wizenbock

Offline dak0415

• Brewmaster
  • Winston-Salem, NC
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 12:33:15 pm »
When you start considering the 25 gallon fishtank as an open fermenter because all your other kegs and carboys are full - you might be brewing too much beer.
Dave Koenig
Anything worth doing - is worth overdoing!

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2011, 12:44:26 pm »
When you start considering the 25 gallon fishtank as an open fermenter because all your other kegs and carboys are full - you might be brewing too much beer.

25 gallon tanks are for wankers!   ;)   ;D 

3 barrels or bust!
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2011, 06:51:14 pm »
I missed a week brewing and things are falling apart.  Only 1/3 of a keg left in the freezer.  5 gals of wit, 10 gals of APA, 6 gals of California Common, 5 gals of Kolsch, 5 gals of cream ale and 5 gals of Saison all working right now and almost nothing to drink.  Gonna keg the Kolsch tomorrow for a party at the end of the summer and brew another tomorrow and pitch the slurry but that may be the last brew day for the month. 

Headed to Alberta fly fishing next week and then family vacation so I just hope I'll be able to keep ahead with what's working right now..

Offline jhwk

• Cellarman
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2011, 07:32:12 am »
So far I have done a high of 35 batches (5 gallon) and a low of 22 in a year. 

My brewing is all based on whim and club competitions...
Life Member - Yeah, and I am still waiting on that $600 t-shirt...