Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: A Wiki Plea  (Read 3308 times)

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
A Wiki Plea
« on: October 29, 2011, 11:55:44 am »
Not to sound too much like Denny but how come there are so few AIPA recipes in the Wiki?  I'd think that would be one of the most common styles that homebrewers make.  I'm checking out hopping ideas and there's only 3 in the Wiki and two of them are 2-hearted clones. 
Maybe everyone already knows a great recipe and I'm the last to know but if you've got a good one, please put it in the wiki. 
I'm going to add my saison and my best bitter today so that I don't seem like so much of a hypocrite. 

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: A Wiki Plea
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 12:11:38 pm »
The wiki is underutilized and maybe under publicized.  It would be great to see more stuff there.  Maybe we should put a reminded in every BrewTechTalk and Zymurgy that goes out.  In the meantime, all we can do is keep reminding people (like this post) and asking them to put recipes in.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 04:45:05 pm »
Try this
http://wiki.homebrewersassociation.org/AmarilloPaleAleBeerDuJour
I call it an APA but it will help fill your hop fix
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 05:40:37 pm »
Try this
http://wiki.homebrewersassociation.org/AmarilloPaleAleBeerDuJour
I call it an APA but it will help fill your hop fix

Thanks Fred.  I was actually thinking of sending you a PM because I'm considering doing a high gravity beer and I need advice.  The last big beer I had was Sam Adams Triple Bock and I don't want anything like that.  Horrible beer. 
Anything on the Wiki I should try?

Today's beer ended up being:
10 lbs Pale Malt
3 lbs Munich
1 lb crystal 45

2 oz Centennial @ 60
1 oz each Citra/Sorachi Ace @20
1 oz each Citra/Sorachi Ace @10
1 oz each Citra/Sorachi Ace @ flameout.

Never used 8 oz of hops in one beer before.

Offline dzlater

• Brewmaster
  • Dan S. New Jersey
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 05:34:14 am »
I threw a recipe up.
Not an AIPA though.
http://wiki.homebrewersassociation.org/RancocasAle
Dan S. from NJ

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 07:29:40 am »
Denny....How about starting a sticky thread, "Favorite Recipes" that can be put into the wiki. It would then have to be input by someone just as an emailed recipe would but might generate some interest.
Ron Price

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 08:10:20 am »
Denny....How about starting a sticky thread, "Favorite Recipes" that can be put into the wiki. It would then have to be input by someone just as an emailed recipe would but might generate some interest.

I agree it would generate interest, but until there's a plan to get the recipes put into the wiki I'd rather not get ahead of myself.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 01:36:32 pm »
Not to sound too much like Denny but how come there are so few AIPA recipes in the Wiki?  I'd think that would be one of the most common styles that homebrewers make.  I'm checking out hopping ideas and there's only 3 in the Wiki and two of them are 2-hearted clones. 
Maybe everyone already knows a great recipe and I'm the last to know but if you've got a good one, please put it in the wiki
I'm going to add my saison and my best bitter today so that I don't seem like so much of a hypocrite. 

Done.
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 07:13:35 am »

I agree it would generate interest, but until there's a plan to get the recipes put into the wiki I'd rather not get ahead of myself.

I get the wiki editing notifications and most edits seem to be made by 'ahaintern'. Maybe 'ahaintern' could do this too.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 09:23:27 am »
I threw a recipe up.

;D  Did you get the little pieces out of your mustache?   :D
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.