Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: aspirations  (Read 5921 times)

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
Re: aspirations
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 12:37:52 pm »
my dream would be to have a brewshed/detached workshop sorta like mrbowenz has...

The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 03:34:31 pm »
pro brewer on a vary small scale and then a brewpub.
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 04:10:09 pm »
I wouldn't mind open a small brewpub someday.  But I'm with Denny.  I'm a musician and playing drums/music for a living would be sweet at first, but I bet after a while it would surely lose it's fun.  There's something to be said about hobbies just staying hobbies. 
Jesse

Offline mrbowenz

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 04:54:32 pm »
my dream would be to have a brewshed/detached workshop sorta like mrbowenz has...

Yeah me too!

I would not want to do the brewery thing full time, but I love beer and all the other stuff, what I am doing is everything else related and having a blast. I have a brewing exhibit in a  going on for a year, I give historical brewing demonstrations in period garb on period equipment, I have a mug club for 24 friends, the brewery ,and I am filming a wacky documentary on the holy grail of ales .. other than that, I am just a wanker businessman and general underachiever
Brewing up history

Offline richt

• Cellarman
    • My blog
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 01:07:19 pm »
There is something to be said about it being just a hobby. You don't have to do it and you can set your own pace. The only way I can see myself brewing for living is if a lot of things are paid and I don't need to make much money. I'm not much of a risk taker. So going out on a limb and opening a brewing business is out of the question for me.

Kai

Same here.
On Tap: IPA, Amber, Emma's Brown, Barleywine
Fermenting/Conditioning: Sour project, Bourbon barrel Barleywine, Kit IPA
http://www.razebrewing.com
http://adventuresinhomebrew.blogspot.com

Offline karlh

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 11:19:27 am »
This time of year I just aspire to having a brewing area thats heated beyond whatever my burners are throwing off... a roof might be nice too. 
Karl
Mundelein, IL  USA