Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Google Beer  (Read 4429 times)

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
Re: Google Beer
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 11:03:09 am »
Sud surfing...... Yup, Sam's a marketer, gotta love it. Back to the best beer in the world......my own.  ;)

At least none of Dogfish's beers are "vortex bottled" or "triple hops brewed." You want to talk shameless, senseless marketing, look at the BMC crowd.
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 11:48:46 am »
Sounds more like INKontinent.  But to each his own.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

jaybeerman

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 03:30:37 pm »
At least none of Dogfish's beers are "vortex bottled" or "triple hops brewed." You want to talk shameless, senseless marketing, look at the BMC crowd.

So we should only hold ourselves up to the standards of the bmc crowd?  On my 1-10 scale (just my opinion of course) bmc falls below the 1, they don't even make the low end of the scale.  I put dfh at about 5, which isn't horrible but I know they could do way better.  Less hype more brewing.  cheers, j

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 06:36:01 pm »
I think it is interesting and Dogfish is finding a way to market its beers in a very unique way by partnering on these specialty beers.  I don't like all of what they brew, but I can't say I have a problem with them pushing the envelope.  And as most everyone notes - some of their beers are pretty good.  Indian Brown comes to mind.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline brewmasternpb

• Brewer
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 10:27:41 pm »
I agree.  The "weird beers" they make just stimulate interest.  It's not like their regular beers are awful.  I could drink 90 minute and Palo Santo Marron all day... If they weren't so expensive.  Myself, I don't care fore Pangea, Chateau Jiahou and the rest, but it's cool that they exist.
Dave Malone
The Greater Denver Yeast Infection