Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mt.Hood,Magnum & dry hopping  (Read 2758 times)

Offline pyrite

• Brewer
  • Davis, CA
Mt.Hood,Magnum & dry hopping
« on: August 11, 2011, 03:17:58 pm »
I have a lot of mt.hood and magnum hops from this years harvest.  If I were to dry hop an IPA with mt. hood or magnum that has chinook, cascade and columbus in the base recipe do you think it would taste good?     
If you don't get in over your head, how are you ever going to know how tall you are.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Mt.Hood,Magnum & dry hopping
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 03:19:40 pm »
I'm not sure you'd notice either unless you used quite a bit.  My experience dry hopping with Magnum was that I really didn't care for it, but your homegrown Magnums may make a difference.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline pyrite

• Brewer
  • Davis, CA
Re: Mt.Hood,Magnum & dry hopping
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 06:10:04 pm »
I'm not sure you'd notice either unless you used quite a bit.  My experience dry hopping with Magnum was that I really didn't care for it, but your homegrown Magnums may make a difference.

Thanks for the reply D..did you not care for Magnum dry hopping because the magnum was to clean a flavor or because the flavor didn't blend right? 
If you don't get in over your head, how are you ever going to know how tall you are.