Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brett and Chevre  (Read 1737 times)

Offline James Lorden

• Brewer
  • Forest Hill, MD
Brett and Chevre
« on: August 11, 2011, 08:20:41 pm »
Wife would roll her eyes at me so I'll tell you guys.  Allagash Confluence and Hombolt Fog on a simple cheap wheat thin is a magical combo while watching some TV.  Sounds odd to say that two things that kind of smell like a horse stall are awesome to eat together...
James Lorden
Beer Drinker Beer Maker & Beer Judge

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
Re: Brett and Chevre
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 02:37:17 am »
That makes a lot of sense - chevre is pretty creamy, and brett is the one with bite, so that sounds like an excellent combo. wheat thin = triscuit?
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline James Lorden

• Brewer
  • Forest Hill, MD
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 07:07:15 am »
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2533/4107221683_055ddbb997.jpg

Not exactly a gourmet cracker - the kids love them, it's all I had - but it worked.  I'd also like to point out that the Confluence was excellent.  I really like the brett charechter Allagash gets out of that strain they discovered.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:09:49 am by James Lorden »
James Lorden
Beer Drinker Beer Maker & Beer Judge

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 09:12:02 am »
The Brewmaster's Table lists Humboldt Fog and Saison as a classic pairing.  I've tried that and It really works well together.

Haven't had Confluence; sounds like a Duvel with Brett.  Probably has some overlapping character with a Saison.  I'd guess it's the dryness, attenuation and carbonation that helps cut through all that creaminess.  The Brett brings in an interesting funk component that must be nice to play with the gaminess of some chevre.  Yum.
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 11:39:12 am »
nearly anything with the humbolt fog is good to my mind. I think you could make ice cream with it and it would be good. stuffed french toast? with a breakfast stout?
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce