Haha, as long as no one gets seriously hurt it's always fun to exchange brewing injury stories.
Way, way back when I had just started brewing - I chilled my wort in a utility sink that was in a small janitor’s closet. My wife bought me an immersion chiller as a birthday (?) gift and we decided to put together a quick weekend brew just to see how well it worked. It was a hot summer day and I was shirtless. Once we wrapped up the boil I carried the kettle into the closet and set it in the sink. We hooked up the supply side hose and realized that I forgot to buy a hose for the exit side of the chiller. No problem I said let’s just crack open the faucet and let the cold water trickle through and then I'll deflect the water into the sink when it starts flowing through. Here's the Darwin award part - the cold trickle of water hit the hot copper and instantly vaporized, shooting (like a CANON) a burning hot steam spray directly to the center of my bare chest. Of course being inside the tiny closet it took me way too long to get out of the spray and to get the faucet turned off. So I was screaming like a little girl while my wife was on the ground lmfao. I laugh now.