Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: blichmann burners  (Read 2969 times)

Offline sparkleberry

• Brewer
blichmann burners
« on: August 03, 2011, 10:48:08 am »
thoughts on these burners? I'd like to upgrade and am beginning my research.

cheers.

rpl
apertureales

Offline jdvisger123

• 1st Kit
Re: blichmann burners
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 07:04:59 pm »
Have one and use it all the time. Thought it would save on gas... not. It is a good burner but so was my turkey fryer burner. Got mine drop shopped from Blichmann. My buddy bought the leg extensions so I took his short legs and bolted them to mine for mini extensions.
Enjoy it, you made it!!!

Offline thcipriani

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 08:00:11 pm »
I really like mine; however, unless you're getting a stand I would just get a banjo burner.

Banjo uses the same burner - I'm skeptical that the stand makes as much difference as Blichmann claims. Diminishing returns for the excess change unless you're building the stand piece-by-piece.

Also, my beef is that there's this 2-3in gap between the top of the stand and the bottom of the pot - when it's windy I have a hell of a time keeping a boil. This wasn't a problem when I had my Bayou Classic.
Tyler Cipriani
Longmont, CO
http://gangsta.party/

Offline eastoak

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:09:14 am »
thoughts on these burners? I'd like to upgrade and am beginning my research.

i'll find out  soon, i bought the two burner stand and it's due to arrive tomorrow. right now i'm brewing in my garage on a couple of tables, a stool and whatever else i cobble together. getting everything in one place was the main motivation for buying this costly stand. i could have built a stand like many others do but i don't really have the time with 2 little girls, work and a motorcycle project i've been working on for the past 3 yrs, among other things. i'll post a review once i get it up and running.

Offline hopvine

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 07:23:41 am »
I used a Banjo Burner for my first 35 batches, but my lovely wife bought me a Blichmann Top Tier for my birthday and I have done 5 batches on that so far.

I was shocked by the performance of the Blichmann burners over the Banjo Burner, mostly because the cast burner portion looks identical.  However, my Blichmann burners heat up my liquids much faster, and consume less propane.  I'm at a loss to explain why this is, but I'm loving it.  Not sure if it has anything to do with the Top Tier column itself, or perhaps there is a difference in the distance between the flame and the kettle.