Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: East coast earthquake  (Read 9810 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: East coast earthquake
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 08:10:48 am »
Lunch for me almost everyday is King Oscar Sardines and a V8. Love sardines. That said, I'm having a Boar's Head Peppered Ham on Domestic Swiss and spicy mustard today.

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2011, 08:43:44 am »
Tell you what, you could make Mrs. Phillamb168 very, very happy if you could send some Boar's Head Turkey Sausalito her way.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2011, 08:44:40 am »
Man, that's good stuff. Let me know how I can hook you up, brotha!

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 09:08:42 am »
I've been know to put American on ham. Especially a hot ham and cheese. But, I do feel ya on the swiss. either way, great sounding sandwich. I really was pulling for the smoked turkey with cheddar and bacon. It was a nice dream though.

Ah, now if we're talking a BREAKFAST roll, that's entirely different. Hot ham + melty american cheese + egg? Oh yeah. Add some bacon. That's the stuff.

Since i'm from jersey i'm going to have to trump that with a Porkroll Egg & Cheese with salt, pepper & ketchup on a hard roll. Porkroll is also known as Taylor Ham for those unfamiliar.

Pork roll is generally known as "pork roll" to anyone outside Jersey. "Taylor Ham" is the more unfamiliar term.

Much in the same way that "Jersey Wall" is a completely alien expression here.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 09:15:43 am »
I've been know to put American on ham. Especially a hot ham and cheese. But, I do feel ya on the swiss. either way, great sounding sandwich. I really was pulling for the smoked turkey with cheddar and bacon. It was a nice dream though.

Ah, now if we're talking a BREAKFAST roll, that's entirely different. Hot ham + melty american cheese + egg? Oh yeah. Add some bacon. That's the stuff.

Since i'm from jersey i'm going to have to trump that with a Porkroll Egg & Cheese with salt, pepper & ketchup on a hard roll. Porkroll is also known as Taylor Ham for those unfamiliar.

Pork roll is generally known as "pork roll" to anyone outside Jersey. "Taylor Ham" is the more unfamiliar term.

right they just call it a wall.

What gets me is that in canada the plastic yellow cheese is called canadian singles and in america it's called american cheese. If I were making up the language I would think that the canadians would blame it on the americans and vice versa.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline woadwarrior

• Cellarman
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 09:23:59 am »
What is called American cheese if I remember correctly has it's origins in Europe. The only true American cheese is cottage cheese. (Personally, I like my white or yellow "plastic" squares on a sandwich.)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2011, 09:36:17 am »
If you look closely at the package you will see it is labeled "Cheese Food."

It's not cheese.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline woadwarrior

• Cellarman
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2011, 10:07:24 am »
Actually it reads "pasteurized prepared cheese product". ;) (And yet I still prefer it to swiss)

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2011, 10:50:51 am »
What gets me is that in canada the plastic yellow cheese is called canadian singles and in america it's called american cheese. If I were making up the language I would think that the canadians would blame it on the americans and vice versa.

We do... The only 'canadian singles' I've ever seen here are in the bars, not in any grocery store.  I have seen Kraft singles or american cheese slices.
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2011, 11:06:31 am »

We do... The only 'canadian singles' I've ever seen here are in the bars, not in any grocery store.  I have seen Kraft singles or american cheese slices.

well that's because y'all up in nova scotia are bright, kind and intelligent people.  :D

I don't remember where I heard the canadian singles thing. from a canadian though.
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2011, 11:16:53 am »

well that's because y'all up in nova scotia are bright, kind and intelligent people.  :D

I don't remember where I heard the canadian singles thing. from a canadian though.

Well then he (or she) should have their maple syrup & (canadian) bacon stipend revoked!  :D
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2011, 11:18:38 am »
What is called American cheese if I remember correctly has it's origins in Europe. The only true American cheese is cottage cheese. (Personally, I like my white or yellow "plastic" squares on a sandwich.)

My kids will not eat american cheese. True story.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2011, 11:27:11 am »

Well then he (or she) should have their maple syrup & (canadian) bacon stipend revoked!  :D

a maple syrup stipend! damn! I never got that when I lived in Vermont! weren't we all part of MSPEC? (Maple Syrup Producing and Exporting Countries)
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2011, 12:36:08 pm »

right they just call it a wall.

Is it true that in Canada they're just called geese? I know "Canadian Bacon" is just "bacon" and "bacon" is "back bacon." Breakfast sandwiches must be very confusing in Canadia.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2011, 12:48:49 pm »
You guys are great!

From earthquakes to strawberry fluffernutter and porkroll. Only at the AHA.  ;D

+1  That's what makes this place, and the dudes who hang out here so great. On a realated note, I texted the chick who bought me the to let her know I was drinking it. Apparently she never heard of a "fluffer-nutter", as she texted me back and asked if that was code for gettin some! hehehe.....

On another off but on topic note.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_TfBbR6L0M
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.