Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Danby Chill N Tap  (Read 4227 times)

Offline BrewinSB

• Cellarman
Danby Chill N Tap
« on: August 23, 2011, 07:56:00 pm »
So I just got this kegerator to use as a fermentation chamber and then to serve out of when it is done after transferring to the keg.  Anyone have experience with these?  Are they decent?  I got it at Costco for about $398.  It says it can hold a full size keg, but just wanted to see peoples experience with having a corny keg in it (heighth wise).  I'll have to figure out a way to get the thermometer probe through there, or just stick in the front door and close it on the cord.  I wanted to buy it before Costco didn't have it anymore, but am waiting to open it until I get some feedback.  Thanks everyone.

http://www.amazon.com/Danby-DKC146SLDB-Chill-Compact-Dispenser/dp/B0052F99LE

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
Re: Danby Chill N Tap
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 08:07:16 pm »
Can't comment.
Got a chest freezer for free (to ferment holds, 8 fermenters) and a fridge (for serving, holds 4 kegs) for free and temp controls for ~$50 each.
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline BrewinSB

• Cellarman
Re: Danby Chill N Tap
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:50:14 pm »
Yeah, I would go that route if we had just a bit more room and if they looked nicer (without having to build something around them).  Oh well, maybe eventually.