Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Palm Desert (Palm Springs)  (Read 1597 times)

Offline James Lorden

• Brewer
  • Forest Hill, MD
Palm Desert (Palm Springs)
« on: August 12, 2011, 08:11:56 am »
Headed for a business trip next month.  Any good beer bars, liquor stores,  breweries to hit?  As an east coast guy am looking forward to grabbing some west coast specialties.  Unfortunatly I don't think I'll have time to make it over to San Diego.
James Lorden
Beer Drinker Beer Maker & Beer Judge

Offline James Lorden

• Brewer
  • Forest Hill, MD
Re: Palm Desert (Palm Springs)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 02:29:48 pm »
leaving this weekend, guessing that no one lives in the area to recomend a good bottle shop or beer bar in the area but I though I'd throw it out there one more time.
James Lorden
Beer Drinker Beer Maker & Beer Judge

Online hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 02:55:00 pm »
You can find a Trader Joes in one of the towns in that area, stopped on the way from the NHC to stock up on food for the stay in the Desert.

If you are going to/from Joshua Tree NP, take a detour and go up to Pionertown.  This is a town built for the sets for TV and movies after WWII.  Think Cisco Kid for example.  There is a roadhouse named "Pappy and Harriets".  They have at least Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on tap, good BBQ and grilled food, and a killer Texas swing band playing the first night we stopped in.  Liked it so much we went back the next night. It also was on the last "No Reservations" that we watched, so it might become too popular.

EDIT - There is a Trader Joes in Palm Desert.

Go to the Trader Joes and do the store finder for Palm Desert.  OK beer selection, might be good for that area.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:25:10 pm by hopfenundmalz »
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline beer_crafter

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:10:54 pm »
I was there once for work, and there was a decent beer bar there, a cheap college-type place with pool tables and TVs.  Can't remember the name.