Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Been scarce, wife has cancer  (Read 8397 times)

Offline timo

• Cellarman
Re: Been scarce, wife has cancer
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2009, 09:40:04 pm »
Still been sparse, but I'll brew with Fred Bonjour tomorrow for a Brew Years Brew with some friends.

An update:

Chemo starts Jan 14th and goes til some time in April. Then Radiation, then reconstructive surgery. Seems that the baseline for positive cancer in the lymph nodes is four before they consider radiation. She had six of twenty four removed test positive. Not going to be fun. We have great friends supporting us and helping my daughter to get thru it as well.

We're getting by with humor. Buying funky scarves she can wrap overt her head to look ridiculous, looking at buying funny colored wigs, best way to handle it....light hearted.

TimO
To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.This works in brewing, too.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2010, 09:53:37 am »
Good to hear from you, Tim.  Have a great brew day with Fred.  All the best wishes to you, your wife and family in the coming year!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline gail

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 11:25:22 pm »
As they say, laughter is good medicine and will certainly help your wife and you as she goes through her treatments and surgery.  Keep laughing and best wishes in this New Year.  Your family will be in my thoughts, hope to hear good news from you as the year progresses.
Gail

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 08:12:01 am »
Sorry for you and the Mrs., TimO.   :(  My wife is hard to get to go to the doctor for anything, that and we don't have insurance anymore so I don't know how we would afford it though I wish we could.  My wife is 50 now and should be checked every year, ironically the government says they need to be checked only every two years now? 

Offline timo

• Cellarman
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 06:16:31 pm »
Thanks all !!!

Gail, your words are salve my friend !!!  Commencing to laugh.....

Denny, a happy one to you sir!! We had an exceptional brew day in the single digit temps. Best time of year to brew IMHO. Fred, I brought home some of your brews after you left. Sorry pal. I'll make it up to you on the trip to HopCat this weekend. For all, one of the students in our class is now a head brewer at a brewery in Grand Rapids, Mi. Fred and I are visiting him this saturday to see how all is going and deliver some Roselaire yeast packets for a 'project'.

Dean, I sincerely hope your wife has no issues during this time. I can ampathise with you. If it can be done, have her checked every year. If I had followed the governments warning, then I could have waited til next year. It may have spread and been more than a stage 1 if we had waited.

TimO
To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.This works in brewing, too.

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 08:04:20 pm »
No problem Tim,

just to confirm, is you addr 9337?

if not email me and i'll see ya 9ish Saturday

Fred
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)