Saturday, September 17: Preserving the Harvest
The West Philadelphia Homebrewing Competition
1pm at Dock Street Brewery, 50th and Baltimore Avenue
Join us for this special event at West Philadelphia’s exceptional brewery, Dock Street Brewing Co., the first microbrewery in the City of Brotherly Love and one of the first in the country. Here we’ll celebrate the ultimate in “drinking local”. West Philadelphia-based homebrewers will showcase their amazing talents as you experience great beer emerging from the basements, kitchens and garages of West Philadelphia. The $7 admission gets you in the door to experience all of these wonderful homebrews in addition to voting privileges for the “People’s Choice Award”. Tickets are very limited, so act fast!
The West Philadelphia Homebrewing Competition is sponsored by University City District, Dock Street Brewing Co., and Home Sweet Homebrew. http://westphillyhomebrewing.eventbrite.com/
Open Call to West Philadelphia Homebrewers
On Saturday, September 17, 1-3pm, University City District, Dock Street Brewing Co. and Home Sweet Homebrew will present The West Philadelphia Homebrewing Competition at Dock Street, 50th and Baltimore Avenue.
We’re looking for West Philadelphia-based homebrewers to compete – just for fun! (This is not an AHA or BJCP sanctioned event.)
The rules are simple.
1. Any amateur West Philadelphia-based homebrewer can enter.
2. All entries must be brewed at home, not in a commercial establishment.
3. There are no entry fees.
4. Two awards will be given on the day of the event:
a. Judge’s Choice Award – Determined by a group of “celebrity” judges, one homebrewer will be awarded one day with Dock Street’s head brewer, a $50 Home Sweet Homebrew gift certificate, a $50 Dock Street gift certificate, 1 lb of North Country hops and 2 lb. of North Country Specialty malts
b. People’s Choice Award – Voted on by the audience, one homebrewer will be awarded a Dock Street growler (+ fill), a $50 Home Sweet Homebrew gift certificate, 2 lbs of North Country Specialty malts
5. All homebrewers selected for this competition will receive a $25 Dock Street gift certificate and a $25 Home Sweet Homebrew gift certificate.
6. Must be able to supply the equivalent of one case of beer on Saturday, September 17 per entry.
To enter, send the following information to email@example.com:
4. Email address
5. How long have you been brewing at home?
6. What style(s) of beer do you plan to enter?
7. What are the ABVs and IBUs?
8. A brief description of the beer(s) you plan to enter.