I made plates twice so far.
First time I started with your recipe but the amount of DME gave me too high wort.
So I deluded it to 1040.
After sterilizing I got hot break in there and it did not look too pretty.
I used plates and yeast likes them.
Second time I use BSI (Brewing Science Institute) recommendation:
Wort agar (instead of commercial nutrient agar) = 30ml house wort, 70ml water, 2g agar; sterilize for 15 minutes at 15psi.
I saved wort after boil (on regular brew day) that did not fit into fermenter.
Plates and slants are nice and clear but I got much more condensation this time.
I did not use these plates yet.
May be next week I could play with some WLP001