Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Work Potlucks  (Read 3034 times)

Offline mikeypedersen

• Brewer
  • Longmont, CO
Work Potlucks
« on: February 11, 2010, 09:55:21 am »
Wow, got to work early to make biscuits & gravy for my co-workers (about 25 of us).  Other people brought Chicken Relleno Pie, and homemade muffins.  Made me wish I had a good Breakfast Stout to wash it all down with.

People are starting to bring out the dips and more afternoon food.  Looks like I'll be grazing all day!  MOOOOOO!!!!  ;D

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
Re: Work Potlucks
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 09:59:23 am »
Sounds like a good time!!!  Sorta spoils Lunch & Supper but someone has to take one for the Gipper, right!  ;D
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 11:38:13 am »
Wish our potlucks worked half as well as it sounds like yours do.  Ours made the fatal mistake a few years back of offering a "buyout" option for people too lazy to make something to bring - they could toss in some $$ to make up for it.  Ended up so many folks doing that and not enough folks bringing homemade goodies, that they ended up buying buckets of the Colonel's finest.  Don't let that happen to yours.
Joe

Offline mikeypedersen

• Brewer
  • Longmont, CO
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 11:57:43 am »
Yeah, that would suck.  We have a few people that always say they didn't have time and bring in a veggie tray or shrimp cocktail from the local grocery store, but for the most part it works out pretty good.

Having a big bowl of White Chili that is ridiculously good right now.  Some homemade cheesecake is next up on the menu!

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 02:06:21 pm »
Yeah, that would suck.  We have a few people that always say they didn't have time and bring in a veggie tray or shrimp cocktail from the local grocery store, but for the most part it works out pretty good.

Having a big bowl of White Chili that is ridiculously good right now.  Some homemade cheesecake is next up on the menu!

Shrimp rings or veggie trays would even be good. I got guys who think it is OK to grab a couple bags of chips as their contribution.
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline Hokerer

• Manassas, VA
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 02:11:52 pm »

Shrimp rings or veggie trays would even be good. I got guys who think it is OK to grab a couple bags of chips as their contribution.

We had one guy bring a 20-piece McNuggets.  At least he had the Mulan dipping sauce.
Joe

Offline mikeypedersen

• Brewer
  • Longmont, CO
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 02:27:15 pm »

We had one guy bring a 20-piece McNuggets.  At least he had the Mulan dipping sauce.
Alright McNuggets is a little ridiculous.  He could have at least brought a Crave Case!  ;D (That's a White Castle reference to all you non-East Coasters). 

We did have someone bring a bag of chips today.  Jalepeno Cheddar.......Not bad.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 12:27:13 pm »
We do this at least once a month.

We select a "theme" in food, make a list and sign up a few folks to bring items for the the basic requirements. Then everybody is free to bring additional dishes.

We've learned not to have too much otherwise we're grabbing people in the halls to come in and finish the feast... ;D

But, there's been times when people were asking the next day: "did you get sick last night?!" :o So I stick to the dips and chips...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline 1vertical

• Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 10:41:28 am »
@ werk Chili Cook off tomorrow.....I will be entering a Red   ;)
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.