Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I need help in Minneapolis!  (Read 916 times)

Offline carlosojeda

• 1st Kit
I need help in Minneapolis!
« on: September 07, 2011, 09:27:30 pm »
I really need some help from my fellow brewing brethren in Minnesota, specifically the Twin Cities area.

My nephew lives in Apple Valley. He was recently deployed to Afghanistan with the US Air Force. I promised to brew the beer for his welcome-home party. I've done that, and just yesterday delivered two corny kegs to my brother-in-law's house in Richfield. I made a Summer Ale with spices, and an Amber Ale with an all-Cascade hop line up.

The party is Saturday the 17th of September.

What I need help with is the CO2. I had initially planned on driving the kegs and gas tank from my home in Colorado. When I discovered that I could check the kegs as luggage onboard an airplane, I immediately took them out that way. There was no way that a CO2 tank could be checked. I'm hoping to be able to borrow a CO2 tank and regulator from someone for the party. I have the gear to split the gas line to the kegs, and I have the liquid out lines and cobra taps. I'll be bringing all that gear out from Denver right before the party. I may even go buy some new gear at Norther Brewer in Richfield. If someone is able to loan out more equipment, I'd be grateful. I do have pin-lock kegs, by the way.

I'd like to thank you all in advance for your consideration. You'd be making an Airman's return from a war zone extra-special. You'd also be making his homebrewing uncle look extremely cool!

Carlos Ojeda
Mile High Monks Homebrew Club
Brighton, Colorado

Offline carlosojeda

• 1st Kit
Re: I need help in Minneapolis!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:30:14 pm »
My best pal Ruben just posted my plight on his own thread!

Offline carlosojeda

• 1st Kit
Re: I need help in Minneapolis!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 10:08:19 pm »
I probably should include a way to contact me. I guess either directly on the forum, or by email at ccomilehi@aol.com.

Carlos